Author Topic: Fundraiser for a guitar for Mboka Liya  (Read 202 times)

bencuri on: January 11, 2024, 06:32

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You may know guys I am in contact with Mboka Liya, and  I told him about a special guitar, and since then he is absolutely excited about that. Recently I am not on top financially, if I had some spare money I would buy it for him right away. But that guitar is rare, and I was lucky to have found it just now in England, where he lives. It would be a very good chance to buy it now, as I wouldn't need to ship the guitar to him from abroad, that would mean 2-300 GBP extra cost. I decided to  ask you guys about whether you would be willing to donate for that guitar? I can assure you it is something you haven't seen before and represents a whole new spectrum that has not been seen in Congolese music yet.

The guitar costs 710GBP with shipping. Me, I can donate 50GBP alone, if there would be another 13 participant who would be willing to donate 50GBP, I could buy the guitar right away.

The donation would go to my PayPal account, maybe partly to my bank account in the UK or US to avoid tax. You know me guys well from here, I won't steal that money, cos where would I hide as the admin? As soon as the money is there I buy the guitar. If the purchase fails for any reason, like someone buys it sooner, I send you the money back to where it came from.

Contact me in private if you would be willing to donate, if 13 person apply, I send the details out for everyone to what to do and also create a follow up post here.

In return the minimum that I can offer is that Mboka will of course mention the names of the donators on one of his new songs or even albums if he creates a full disk of songs, plus I can send out his 2 DVD lessons in downloadable form for free to anyone who donates.