Author Topic: Aren't there any guitarist that play original ndombolo on social media  (Read 1256 times)

Mfumu Vata on: October 25, 2022, 22:44

• View Profile
I'm getting sick of all that noise on Tiktok and Instagram. All guitarists play on the same way, it doesn't give me the desire to dance and it just noise. Isn't there any guitarist that play the style that we used to hear on albums of the mid-90s until mid-2000s ?

archos #1 on: October 25, 2022, 23:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I'm getting sick of all that noise on Tiktok and Instagram. All guitarists play on the same way, it doesn't give me the desire to dance and it just noise. Isn't there any guitarist that play the style that we used to hear on albums of the mid-90s until mid-2000s ?

You mean the mogratana kimbangu and co ? or amateur guitarists?

Mfumu Vata #2 on: October 26, 2022, 00:03

• View Profile
Them all. They all play the same style it annoys me. You can't hear any difference. Its all the same

Jdog #3 on: October 26, 2022, 00:20

• View Profile

I see what you mean by watching the video, yeah guitarist these days don't even use distortion no more, it's like they took after Flamme Kapaya just like how animators take after Bill. It would be nice for an artist to use some old school sebene for at least a minute in a generique to spice things up. But there is Zaiko for a different type of sebene.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Tata Nkiadi #4 on: October 26, 2022, 02:13

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
Christian Bombole is killing it right now on social media. He’s a Christian guitarist but he’s so good Japonnais himself endorsed him on his Facebook page.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: October 26, 2022, 02:38

• View Profile
Christian Bombole is Christian Solo who used to play in the past for Wenge Maison Mère.

I have a lot of respect for him. But argh, I mean this. Everybody on social media play like this. When I see someone with a guitar I always skip, because I already know that it will sound like this

Sydo #6 on: October 26, 2022, 10:28

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 10:58 by Sydo »
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Tata Nkiadi #7 on: October 26, 2022, 19:55

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
Christian Bombole is Christian Solo who used to play in the past for Wenge Maison Mère.

*Smacks forehead* Man I don’t know why I NEVER put two and two together. Makes sense because he’s the only one I’ve seen that’s worth watching.

Funny how, Ndombolo was once viewed as obscene and now it’s heavy in Christian music. same with hip hop and gospel in the US.