Author Topic: IS IT A BAD IDEA FOR ARTISTS TO RELEASE AN ALBUM WHILST ON TOUR ABROAD?  (Read 829 times)

CM PRINCE on: February 01, 2023, 13:58

• View Profile
I’m asking this because I’m just thinking about how when Koffi released Legende the promotion was questionable but only because he was in the US touring but now he’s back in Kin he just had a release party and his been promoting the album.
Fally same thing he’s been touring all over Africa since Formule 7 came out and just had the release party in Paris but since the album came out he hasn’t been in Kinshasa, the promotion for that album itself has been okay but probably the weakest promotion out of all his albums. Is it better for artists to release when they’re in kin? I’m talking about todays music not of 20 years ago when some artists would release whilst they’re still in Europe on tour.

jordanlumbala101 #1 on: February 01, 2023, 14:40

• View Profile
It depends on what they want to do, it's up to them

Longbluesquid #2 on: February 01, 2023, 15:34

• View Profile
Both of those albums will need promotion. I don’t think they were very exciting. Now Balle de Match is gold!

archos #3 on: February 01, 2023, 17:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
the thing also which complicates things nowadays is that drama takes a huge importance,some artists have tried what they usually do to promote their albums,giving it to their army of dj's and to other dj's and in bars,spending a good 5K or 10k so that its played in the whole kin,the youtube thing as well with those who knew earlier than the rest how to make it almost impossible that anybody else release your songs than your official account,and some songs are making it to the million in audio alone
some have tried what they usually do aswell but facing a silent embargo  because of the big importance relationship between artists has taken in the system so it goes way slower than usual
but all in all like i said drama is being an important countercampaign for music in general,and you can hardly pass a week in congolese community without a topic,and there again some use the tactic of pushing those drama  on purpose to block indirectly promotion of others
so they'd be like 3 lives of drama the same day a 4th live  in the night to promote their artist

Jdog #4 on: February 07, 2023, 14:20

• View Profile
That is a good question, I don’t know about DR Congo but it seems that Formule 7 is being received well else where. Fally and co really did a good job with it. The way Fally promoted his Stade De Martyrs concert he should do the same with his actual album.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Mopao195 #5 on: February 07, 2023, 17:39

• MM
    • View Profile
in this day and age it dont matter people got phones they can look at koffis ig and know that it drop and go to spotify, apple music, tidal etc
and the people who dont have phones can found out from the people that do but it always good for the people to see the artist peform the record live

Manzambi94 #6 on: February 07, 2023, 17:59

• View Profile
I’m asking this because I’m just thinking about how when Koffi released Legende the promotion was questionable but only because he was in the US touring but now he’s back in Kin he just had a release party and his been promoting the album.
Fally same thing he’s been touring all over Africa since Formule 7 came out and just had the release party in Paris but since the album came out he hasn’t been in Kinshasa, the promotion for that album itself has been okay but probably the weakest promotion out of all his albums. Is it better for artists to release when they’re in kin? I’m talking about todays music not of 20 years ago when some artists would release whilst they’re still in Europe on tour.

It depends on the country I think it is bad if you are in the st because unless you are a megastar people will quickly forget that you have released an album so if you are in the West no, but if you are in Africa it also depends,  for example JB it is constantly in tour he dropped Balle De Match and it was a success, Fally he tour a little bit less but in more important venues and rarely does interviews for when he releases and his album was met, it depends