Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: mvulusi96 on October 19, 2017, 21:13

Title: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: mvulusi96 on October 19, 2017, 21:13

(https://s1.postimg.org/3njvow22xb/Constat_credits.jpg) (https://postimg.org/image/zufej91l7/)

(https://s1.postimg.org/2v7075o1sf/R-9961767-1489343420-2419.jpeg.jpg) (https://postimages.org/)

Big names like Pepe Felly Manuaku, Sec Bidens, Alain Makaba, Dindo Yogo, Nene Tchakou & Kitenge Ngefu aka "Guy Wa Nzambi".

The then young Leny Bidens also participated to this album.

I always thought that Theo Mbala was the man who played the shaker in this album, while it was Mavungu. I'm doubting now if he was the person who played the shaker on the albums of Defao. I just discovered that Defao himself was doing the whistle on his albums.
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: Matebu on October 19, 2017, 21:47
Ah, thanks. One of my favorite albums ever. Released at the wrong time like all the other young solo acts (Montana, Alpatshino, Suzuki, etc.), unfortunately.

An absolute all star studio backing; an artist couldn't have asked for better
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: mvulusi96 on October 19, 2017, 22:23
Ah, thanks. One of my favorite albums ever. Released at the wrong time like all the other young solo acts (Montana, Alpatshino, Suzuki, etc.), unfortunately.

An absolute all star studio backing; an artist couldn't have asked for better

credits from Suzuki's Decompte Finale. Never understand why S.I.P.E. Production didn't like to make booklets like JPS Productions or Sonodisc.

(https://s1.postimg.org/61wfziid1b/R-5852404-1432193117-5570.jpeg.jpg) (https://postimages.org/)
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 20, 2017, 03:20
Ah, thanks. One of my favorite albums ever. Released at the wrong time like all the other young solo acts (Montana, Alpatshino, Suzuki, etc.), unfortunately.

An absolute all star studio backing; an artist couldn't have asked for better
When do you think would've been the right time? And Suzuki's album is one of my favourites I need to find that album again it got taken off YouTube smh
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: masatomo on October 20, 2017, 18:47
It's crazy that no has upload Suzuki's album on YouTube yet that's a great album. He released it at the wrong time I remember at that time people rather danced to Solola Bien, Sanction, Pouvoir, Poison, M'zee Fula Ngenge. Decompte Finale is good but I think he could't stand up to those albums.                       

Suzuki deserved a better solo career. He went to Academia no long after the release of his album. Mvulusi can you tell me what lead Suzuki to left QL in 1998 ? What was the problem with Koffi for him to not select him at Olympia I guess people expected him to be there.
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 20, 2017, 20:17
It's crazy that no has upload Suzuki's album on YouTube yet that's a great album. He released it at the wrong time I remember at that time people rather danced to Solola Bien, Sanction, Pouvoir, Poison, M'zee Fula Ngenge. Decompte Finale is good but I think he could't stand up to those albums.                       

Suzuki deserved a better solo career. He went to Academia no long after the release of his album. Mvulusi can you tell me what lead Suzuki to left QL in 1998 ? What was the problem with Koffi for him to not select him at Olympia I guess people expected him to be there.
It was taken down from YouTube and yeah you're right wrong timing and about Olympia koffi preferred depitcho rather than Suzuki
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: mvulusi96 on October 20, 2017, 22:15
I'm not sure why he was left behind. But people said to me that he asked Koffi if he could record a solo album,  like Reddy Amisi in Viva La Musica after the many things he did for him in Quartier Latin. Which made Koffi furious, so he left Suzuki in Cameroun without his passeport, which had a visum for Olympia and was then arrested on the airport when he tried to go back to Kinshasa. He met then Mr Simon (ex' manager of JB Mpiana), who helped him.

No it was not that Koffi perferd Depticho over Suzuki. It was just that he wanted to punish Suzuki. Suzuki himself was sacred of Depitsho and tried to attack him spiritually several times. Koffi Olomide treated Depitsho differently than other Quartier Latin-members, because he came then from Wenge El Paris, who were the rivals of Wenge 4x4 and where he was the number 3 of the band (after Marie Paul and Manda Chante). It was like Blaise Bula joining Quartier Latin. I think that Babia would stay behind in Kinshasa, if Koffi decided to bring Suzuki to Quartier Latin.
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: masatomo on October 20, 2017, 23:07
So he decided to left Quartier Latin after Koffi left him in Kinshasa like Willy Bula did one year before right ?

Yes, I heard that they were jealous of the way Depitcho was treated in QLI they tried to attack him spiritually, Sam and especially Bouro. I heard that Suzuki tried to cut his mic off during his first concert with Quartier Latin I don't know where. Did he came right before Olympia ?

Suzuki came to Europe on his own and participated to BCBG's Zenith. I thought that he would join the group. Because JB wanted him to replace Werrason but I heard that he refused and wanted to be a solo artist JB accepted to help producing his solo album. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: masatomo on October 22, 2017, 15:59
So he decided to left Quartier Latin after Koffi left him in Kinshasa like Willy Bula did one year before right ?

Yes, I heard that they were jealous of the way Depitcho was treated in QLI they tried to attack him spiritually, Sam and especially Bouro. I heard that Suzuki tried to cut his mic off during his first concert with Quartier Latin I don't know where. Did he came right before Olympia ?

Suzuki came to Europe on his own and participated to BCBG's Zenith. I thought that he would join the group. Because JB wanted him to replace Werrason but I heard that he refused and wanted to be a solo artist JB accepted to help producing his solo album. Correct me if i'm wrong.

up
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: BG-ground on October 22, 2017, 16:20
I thought Suzuki came with BCBG Bcuz i seen back then a VHS of Koffi making fun of him saying that he already came to Europe bfore and those i left in Kinshasa were also paid, but i was surprised to hear he came with a certain group( in a typical downgrading Koffi's shade, group moko boyé).


About Constat, I grew up thinking Makaba was the guy behind the Album lol guess i was wrong
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: BG-ground on October 22, 2017, 16:36
I thought about something for a longtime... what if the "old Dinosaurs" the JB and werra got ride of decided to team up instead of going solo? They'd actually form a good band
 and recruit few more guys(a drumer, Synthé,Bonda, 2 singer and an Atalaku) the rest you'd have Masela(Bass), Kusangila(accompa,Bass) Makaba(Solo,Bass,Piano) Aimelia, Blaise, Tata.
Tell me im crazy lol
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 22, 2017, 17:08
I thought about something for a longtime... what if the "old Dinosaurs" the JB and werra got ride of decided to team up instead of going solo? They'd actually form a good band
 and recruit few more guys(a drumer, Synthé,Bonda, 2 singer and an Atalaku) the rest you'd have Masela(Bass), Kusangila(accompa,Bass) Makaba(Solo,Bass,Piano) Aimelia, Blaise, Tata.
Tell me im crazy lol
Yeah I always thought the should've teamed up cause blaise, makaba and masela disappeared after being kicked out of bcbg and maison mere respectively adolphe started well and slowly started going quiet if they did form a group they might have given werra and jb lots of headaches lol
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: SoukousFan on October 23, 2017, 20:56
Ah, thanks. One of my favorite albums ever. Released at the wrong time like all the other young solo acts (Montana, Alpatshino, Suzuki, etc.), unfortunately.

An absolute all star studio backing; an artist couldn't have asked for better
When do you think would've been the right time? And Suzuki's album is one of my favourites I need to find that album again it got taken off YouTube smh

This made me mad! I remember discovering Decompte Final the Sebene/Generique?!!! Only to discover the album was taken off, and I cant find it anywhere else online?
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: Matebu on October 23, 2017, 21:41
Ah, thanks. One of my favorite albums ever. Released at the wrong time like all the other young solo acts (Montana, Alpatshino, Suzuki, etc.), unfortunately.

An absolute all star studio backing; an artist couldn't have asked for better
When do you think would've been the right time? And Suzuki's album is one of my favourites I need to find that album again it got taken off YouTube smh


This made me mad! I remember discovering Decompte Final the Sebene/Generique?!!! Only to discover the album was taken off, and I cant find it anywhere else online?

Yes, very unfortuate. That's why when some of the YTer's upload very rare albums, I download them (even though I'd prefer to give patronage to African artists).

You could buy the CD, but the asking price is 92 euros. Ridiculous
(https://s1.postimg.org/8lvpr015nj/Screen_Shot_2017-10-23_at_4.38.14_PM.png) (https://postimages.org/)
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: SoukousFan on October 24, 2017, 00:39
hahahaha that is madness! one would not pay that price, even for a top american artist's album.
Title: Re: credits of Amelia's Constat (2000)
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 24, 2017, 02:26
Ah, thanks. One of my favorite albums ever. Released at the wrong time like all the other young solo acts (Montana, Alpatshino, Suzuki, etc.), unfortunately.

An absolute all star studio backing; an artist couldn't have asked for better
When do you think would've been the right time? And Suzuki's album is one of my favourites I need to find that album again it got taken off YouTube smh


This made me mad! I remember discovering Decompte Final the Sebene/Generique?!!! Only to discover the album was taken off, and I cant find it anywhere else online?

Yes, very unfortuate. That's why when some of the YTer's upload very rare albums, I download them (even though I'd prefer to give patronage to African artists).

You could buy the CD, but the asking price is 92 euros. Ridiculous
(https://s1.postimg.org/8lvpr015nj/Screen_Shot_2017-10-23_at_4.38.14_PM.png) (https://postimages.org/)

These people are mad I guess it's cause it's so rare