Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: MwanaMokili on October 21, 2017, 17:52

Title: Baby and Dede
Post by: MwanaMokili on October 21, 2017, 17:52

I have always wondered about these two songs, one by Josky Kiambukuta and TP OK called Baby
And the second by Zaiko Langa Langa called Dede.

The chorus in both sound very similar, but the name baby is replaced by Dede.

Any old connouisers in the house have the details to share the background?

Josky and TP OK :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdYHu1C_cI


And Nyoka Longo and Zaiko Langa Langa (Version 1) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEc7LN4q6-c

Remix done in Avis De Recherche :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-C217fd1jc

Title: Re: Baby and Dede
Post by: mrvibes on October 21, 2017, 22:44
I believe it was just a coincidence.jossar and josky probably noticed it and decided to mix both songs. I recall watching zaiko having joscky as guest at one of their concert just for the song. Both songs were so loved that even pepe kalle was singing it (the mix) at zaiko and empire concert in europe and of course he added his own touch to it too..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kcZq5K4fHE
Title: Re: Baby and Dede
Post by: Matebu on October 21, 2017, 23:26
All fantastic songs. Every album from the "Heritage Du Grand Maitre Franco" era (1989-1992) just sounds perfect to me, especially the sound and compositions.

I still don't understand how they got away with the Mayeno (Breast dance) with out censorship repercussions. I guess because the group was so well respected