Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: archos on October 24, 2017, 10:47

Title: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: archos on October 24, 2017, 10:47
https://youtu.be/dRWOTt5V_U0
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Jdog on October 25, 2017, 05:56
Ba chantuer na ye baza propre te. Aspect te, mabina eza te. Et puis baza ba faux chanteur. Ba vieux jaloux na ba chanteur neti ba Maiko, Ping-Pong etc. Tala legende Felly Tyson azo tika nouveau guitariste wana a beta, mais ba faux chanteur wana bazo kangala micro pona nini, pona nini Fally alingaka bango, baza eloko te.
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Cavalier Solitaire on October 25, 2017, 09:46
I have seen comments like "public ezolala". Which is true to some extent. For most of the time the "crowd" was seated. Fally made a mistake of playing music that a few people know in Zambia. People know him from hits like "hustler, droit chemin, Original et cetera" but to their dissapointment he was sampling songs from his tokoos album which very few people present at this show knew about. I dont know whether its his strategy of selling this "world music" idea to fans but it clearly  didnt work.... But if you ask the ladies that were present at the concert, they will tell you that "chali lila" or "kitoko" and we all know why. ;D ;D
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: archos on October 25, 2017, 12:36
Ba chantuer na ye baza propre te. Aspect te, mabina eza te. Et puis baza ba faux chanteur. Ba vieux jaloux na ba chanteur neti ba Maiko, Ping-Pong etc. Tala legende Felly Tyson azo tika nouveau guitariste wana a beta, mais ba faux chanteur wana bazo kangala micro pona nini, pona nini Fally alingaka bango, baza eloko te.

fally does not pick the teams who travel he gave full responsability of it to djino,atele and kalombo so obviously the generation of droit chemin was meant to be heavily represented,"at least" they have taken nathan,ambassy,djino losua,boussole...
the logic of fally's group is hard to understand,sometimes they look like sticking to what the group basically was a group of fally friends  who were recruted like djino clearly admitted on chorus and live ability rather than dancing and looks sometimes they look like heading towards becoming a proper group and at times they end up looking none of both lol
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Toolz on October 25, 2017, 13:28
Another BCBG in the making...
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 25, 2017, 14:15
I'm happy that he took nathan and boussole I've been calling for this for ages instead of just always bringing identitie
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 25, 2017, 14:16
Another BCBG in the making...
And that's very dangerous
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Toolz on October 25, 2017, 15:14
Another BCBG in the making...
And that's very dangerous

But it is very obvious that it is tilting towards that direction. Fally alone would shine regardless of what he sings then his association of old friends would be the one to tell him who is good or bad. In that process, some will get frustrated after hanging on for a while and leave...
Already, there are some members of that group that will never be taken out of Kinshasa for shows because they will never be picked; all thanks to Atele,Kalombo and the rest of the old guys!
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Toolz on October 25, 2017, 15:15
*...his association of old friends would be the ones to tell him...*
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: JV “Lone Ranger” on October 25, 2017, 16:09
He did tell you lot from the beginning of his career that it’s not a group like MM or QL, but more of group de accompaniment....so don’t expect much from them lol
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Toolz on October 25, 2017, 16:32
Smh...
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 25, 2017, 16:49
He did tell you lot from the beginning of his career that it’s not a group like MM or QL, but more of group de accompaniment....so don’t expect much from them lol
That's true I guess
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Manzambi94 on October 25, 2017, 17:00
I agree with JV the only time I knew about the members of F'VICTEAM was in the Libre Parcours experience, and yes, FALLY is the star and they are their workers so people only care about Fally is not Maison Mere or BCBG
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: archos on October 25, 2017, 17:18
He did tell you lot from the beginning of his career that it’s not a group like MM or QL, but more of group de accompaniment....so don’t expect much from them lol
That's true I guess

Exactly and like i said above djino said when he formed the band for fally priority was being good in chorus and being able to reproduce the songs like it is on cd he gave example of fabregas who was not being good in chorus  and did not have stamina in singing he has now so he was shifted to animation role before he left and he said a lot of guys went through his hands but did not fit the criteria fally wanted since he was not convinced then that droit chemin was the star of a definitive solo career for him so he wanted  session artists first and foremost and those guys either joined other groups or abandoned music
you'll notice that those who had some thing about them naturally earned themselves a name without fally making an extraordinary effort to promote them, kanza  ibrahimovic and equalizer then more recently kabuya identite  ambassy
the comparison with bcbg is good in the sense that he is well aware of the limitations of his guys and sometimes wants to exploit more the "potentially attractive" musicians he has but his heart always says "dont let your guys down,as long as anyways fans are there for you "
for example when he performed at zenith,the first list he did had atele,tony and a couple more out as he went for a serious dancing show and had the likes of boussole and other good dancers of the group but few times before he said to eddy badiata "no i cant do that to them, apply for them aswell"
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: EMOVICTEAM on October 25, 2017, 18:43
I have seen comments like "public ezolala". Which is true to some extent. For most of the time the "crowd" was seated. Fally made a mistake of playing music that a few people know in Zambia. People know him from hits like "hustler, droit chemin, Original et cetera" but to their dissapointment he was sampling songs from his tokoos album which very few people present at this show knew about. I dont know whether its his strategy of selling this "world music" idea to fans but it clearly  didnt work.... But if you ask the ladies that were present at the concert, they will tell you that "chali lila" or "kitoko" and we all know why. ;D ;D
True. I was there. The other problem is dividing the arena between ordinary vs VIP. VIP rich people rarely follow albums like we do. Fally kept on asking which songs to play and VIP people were mute.
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Matebu on October 25, 2017, 18:51
I have seen comments like "public ezolala". Which is true to some extent. For most of the time the "crowd" was seated. Fally made a mistake of playing music that a few people know in Zambia. People know him from hits like "hustler, droit chemin, Original et cetera" but to their dissapointment he was sampling songs from his tokoos album which very few people present at this show knew about. I dont know whether its his strategy of selling this "world music" idea to fans but it clearly  didnt work.... But if you ask the ladies that were present at the concert, they will tell you that "chali lila" or "kitoko" and we all know why. ;D ;D
True. I was there. The other problem is dividing the arena between ordinary vs VIP. VIP rich people rarely follow albums like we do. Fally kept on asking which songs to play and VIP people were mute.

Haha, the same exact thing happened last year when I was at his NYC concert. The first time he made a song request, the female crowd yelled out "Service", then the second and third request the crowd didn't know what to say. This was without a VIP section
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Jdog on October 25, 2017, 19:11
Yeah I saw the interview where Fally said Atele chooses who goes based on how they do in practice. So you're telling me that Kalombo sings  better and Junior then the younger guys in practice??  They can't even  even lift up their leg to do dance. That's some friend stuff going on, not in the best interest of group. I have no issue with issue with the guys who have been there for a while like Nathan and Bousolle and the instrumentalists, but  Atele, Kalombo,
Cousteau and Junior all have to go. The chorus even sounds horrible when it's just Cousteau, Atele, Kalombo and Junior in concert because it's nothing but faux/average singers/chantuers.
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Jdog on October 25, 2017, 19:13
Another BCBG in the making...
That's disrespectful to Bcbg because people know actually Know who Kibens , Rio and JDL and bring some value (JDL is whatever) and the younger talent in Bcbg actually have been promoted in concert by the boss and are on stage a lot something that has never happened with Fally.
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 25, 2017, 19:14
Yeah I saw the interview where Fally said Atele chooses who goes based on how they do in practice. So you're telling me that Kalombo dances better then the younger guys?? The dude and others can't even lift up their leg to do dance. I have no issue with issue with women guys who have been there for a while like Nathan and Bousolle and the instrumentalists, but the Atele, Kalombo,
Cousteau and Junior all have to go. The chorus even sounds horribke when it's just Cousteau, Atele, Kalombo and Junior in concert because it's nothing but faux/average singers/chantuers.
Yeah I agree but if they stay they should stay to train other guys or even just go solo and stay under the label
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: archos on October 25, 2017, 19:39
 that is the compromise which is hard to do,it only happens easily with female dancers who stay somehow in the group while not being on stage anymore(for example some dancers of bcbg and quartier latin still get salary  and are in close contact with the boss despite being retired from stage)
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Matebu on October 25, 2017, 19:49
As mentioned earlier; look at the crowd when he's performing Jeudi Soir. Not a good look
https://instagram.com/p/BarGpCzjqE0/
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: archos on October 25, 2017, 20:09
still not understanding what fally likes that much with jeudi soir maybe the faute ya commercant beat(hopefully its that) because the guys even when he gets a minute to sing wherever he is you can be certain half that minute will be jeudi soir
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Manzambi94 on October 25, 2017, 20:30
Anyway who is the guy singing after Atele Kunianga in Sensation?
Anyway Jdog I agree with you on Junior and Stele but not on Cousteau he is a very good singer for songs but I have never seen him live so...
And for Didi Kalombo I think he is not a natural singer like Ferre or Depluck but he fits right in the songs
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 25, 2017, 21:01
As mentioned earlier; look at the crowd when he's performing Jeudi Soir. Not a good look
https://instagram.com/p/BarGpCzjqE0/
Why on earth did he decide to upload that vid the crowd looked dead lol
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: archos on October 25, 2017, 21:27
Anyway who is the guy singing after Atele Kunianga in Sensation?
Anyway Jdog I agree with you on Junior and Stele but not on Cousteau he is a very good singer for songs but I have never seen him live so...
And for Didi Kalombo I think he is not a natural singer like Ferre or Depluck but he fits right in the songs

that guy is djino losua who i mentioned earlier among the guys brought to lusaka
you are confusing didi and papy kalombo bro( or calling papy didi because didi's name is more mentioned )
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Manzambi94 on October 25, 2017, 22:13
Anyway who is the guy singing after Atele Kunianga in Sensation?
Anyway Jdog I agree with you on Junior and Stele but not on Cousteau he is a very good singer for songs but I have never seen him live so...
And for Didi Kalombo I think he is not a natural singer like Ferre or Depluck but he fits right in the songs

that guy is djino losua who i mentioned earlier among the guys brought to lusaka
you are confusing didi and papy kalombo bro( or calling papy didi because didi's name is more mentioned )
Yes I meant the guy who did Formol is the guy which I called Didi, wow that guy Djino is a very good singer did he get any live time on tours?
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Matebu on October 26, 2017, 00:27
Mistake
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Jdog on October 26, 2017, 07:47

Anyway Jdog I agree with you on Junior and Stele but not on Cousteau he is a very good singer for songs but I have never seen him live so...
And for Didi Kalombo I think he is not a natural singer like Ferre or Depluck but he fits right in the songs
First you said Cleo Boa is the best Koffi/QL sebene song since Loi and now you say Cousteau is "a very good singer" and that Ferre  and Deplick is not a natural singer ahh nzambe na nga.
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Matebu on October 26, 2017, 08:19
^ kiekie; Le monde à l'envers  :D
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: CM PRINCE on October 26, 2017, 09:12

Anyway Jdog I agree with you on Junior and Stele but not on Cousteau he is a very good singer for songs but I have never seen him live so...
And for Didi Kalombo I think he is not a natural singer like Ferre or Depluck but he fits right in the songs
First you said Cleo Boa is the best Koffi/QL sebene song since Loi and now you say Cousteau is "a very good singer" and that Ferre  and Deplick is not a natural singer ahh nzambe na nga.
;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Manzambi94 on October 26, 2017, 12:16

Anyway Jdog I agree with you on Junior and Stele but not on Cousteau he is a very good singer for songs but I have never seen him live so...
And for Didi Kalombo I think he is not a natural singer like Ferre or Depluck but he fits right in the songs
First you said Cleo Boa is the best Koffi/QL sebene song since Loi and now you say Cousteau is "a very good singer" and that Ferre  and Deplick is not a natural singer ahh nzambe na nga.
I did want to say the opposite I meant that Deplick and Ferre are natural singers.
Then I have said that Costeay is a good singer for songs and I couldn't judge him live since I don't like watching Fally live and I have added that the guy who did Formol whatever his name is is not a natural singer like Deplick or Ferre but does song where he can make nice melodies.
And for all the Cle Boa Thing I repeat that mine are opinions like yours are opinion if a guy say something different from the choir it doesn't make it neither wrong or right
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: Manzambi94 on October 26, 2017, 12:17
Next time I'll write in Italian or Lingala so I will not have problem of writing
Title: Re: FALLY IPUPA LIVE IN LUSAKA
Post by: EMOVICTEAM on October 26, 2017, 13:00
I was there but far outside VIP section. Did jeremie come?