Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: Franco Pepe Kalle on October 30, 2017, 00:48

Title: About Sankara Dekunta and Fally Ipupa
Post by: Franco Pepe Kalle on October 30, 2017, 00:48
I have some questions about Sankara Dekunta and Fally Ipupa? I know that Fally Ipupa and Sankara Dekunta were member of the band Flash Musica which also had Sam Tshintu as well.

Are they friends now?
How did they meet?
How did Sankara Dekunta met Werrason?
Is Sankara Dekunta making music?

Sankara can actually sing. I don't know why he does not have his own music career while being a Werrason spokesman.
Title: Re: About Sankara Dekunta and Fally Ipupa
Post by: Matebu on October 30, 2017, 01:56
Are they friends now? - They still are buddies. I believe Sankara visits him in Kin often.

How did they meet? - They basically grew up together in Bandal, along with many other future musicians. I think he's originally from Mbanza-Ngungu though. 

How did Sankara Dekunta met Werrason? - Via his relations with WMM members from Bandal as well as being Zacle Bababaswe's junior spokesman in the late 90's.

Is Sankara Dekunta making music? - Not anymore. Being Werra's spokesman/ court jester is literally his dream job. He loves it
Title: Re: About Sankara Dekunta and Fally Ipupa
Post by: mvulusi96 on October 30, 2017, 02:27
Sankara & Fally's band was Flas Succes and not Flash Musica. Flash Musica a schoolband of ITC Ngaliema, first called ITC Flash and then Flash Musica.