Congo Vibes
Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: Matebu on January 02, 2018, 03:48
-
Pascal Poba, one of the great composers and advisors of the 90’s and early 2000’s. He was the one who composed JB’s "Omba" and Werra’s "Chantal Switzerland". Known for his deep and educations lyrics. It’s easy to see where JB got influence for his hit song “Education”.
Really nice songs featuring JB Mpiana:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzw6XVJiaU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0vHY9TfsQg
Also, Koffi Olomide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYEO8OGMjM
Pascal & Wemba & Adolphe Dominguez:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwo6l9Yw7Qs
Listen to the way 20 year old Ramazani was hitting intricate guitar licks (4:00-) on the sebene like Makaba and Pepe Felly Manuaku. Also, Mboshi Lipasa with the Loi era animations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjaDSlmZkmc
-
Chantal is tata's song by pascal poba and was given to werra.... Pascal never wrote a song for werra..
-
Chantal is tata's song by pascal poba and was given to werra.... Pascal never wrote a song for werra..
You said it yourself, Adolphe bought the song from Pascal, then gave it to Werra. So technically Pascal is known as author. He also advised them at studio N'diaye when they recorded Intervention Rapide.
-
Chantal is tata's song by pascal poba and was given to werra.... Pascal never wrote a song for werra..
In an interview he sais that he wrote Blandine & Fleur d'Amour
-
I thought the author of Blandine was Chela naChina who passed away just this December! He is credited with authoring Blandine pemba, Femme model, 520 Gigas, Demi Tour, Loin de toi etc
-
Blandine is probably a co work of both,loin de toi is do akongo,chela's work with nsone goes back to the nicky d kaskin kalayi boeing and co days,every since alain mpela brought chela into wenge
he has probably been the most consistant clan wenge writer with kibens
-
I read Yanky Mpuy’s brief obituary of Chela and he credited him for all the songs I mentioned…….I find it very frustrating, confusing and disappointing that Congolese artistes cannot give us accurate information. I think that these brains behind most of these blockbuster songs deserve open recognition as opposed to this closet type of recognition. We want to see their names credited on CD sleeves.
-
…….I find it very frustrating, confusing and disappointing that Congolese artistes cannot give us accurate information. I think that these brains behind most of these blockbuster songs deserve open recognition as opposed to this closet type of recognition. We want to see their names credited on CD sleeves.
Couldn't agree more. Songwriters can compose almost an entire album, but still their names won't be credited. Same thing is happening now to El Dorado, Pida Star, etc.
Just because you bought the song doesn't mean you have full artistic ownership
-
These is one of the reasons for which even though our musicians sulk about copyright company they do not care that much about the mess it is,because most are getting rights in france and belgium and should the congolese company act normal songwriters would now want to remain songwriters forever and get due rights
-
I read Yanky Mpuy’s brief obituary of Chela and he credited him for all the songs I mentioned…….I find it very frustrating, confusing and disappointing that Congolese artistes cannot give us accurate information. I think that these brains behind most of these blockbuster songs deserve open recognition as opposed to this closet type of recognition. We want to see their names credited on CD sleeves.
I noticed that Yanki makes alot errors if he talks about the history of Maison Mere. In many interviews he claimed that Wenge Maison Mere was found in July 1997, two months after that ADFL took the power in Congo.