Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: mvulusi96 on January 08, 2018, 21:04

Title: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: mvulusi96 on January 08, 2018, 21:04
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BDx_DarvZF4
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: CM PRINCE on January 08, 2018, 21:46
I swear did anyone else find lola trying to outshine everyone on the chorus so annoying he messed the whole thing up
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: archos on January 08, 2018, 22:02
quadra looked a bit like esobe in this video :D :D :D :D
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: mvulusi96 on January 08, 2018, 22:12
Hahahaha look at what Koffi did to Ridens Makosso on 1:01 min
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: Congolitude on January 08, 2018, 22:27
quadra looked a bit like esobe in this video :D :D :D :D
very true  ;D ;D ;D ;D, Koffi reminds me the era of Droit de veto
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: Matebu on January 08, 2018, 23:58
Kiekie, Lady Esobe - Le comédien le plus suspect  ;D

I swear did anyone else find lola trying to outshine everyone on the chorus so annoying he messed the whole thing up

That's Lola Muana for ya. He was too much of a try hard. I guess one could say he was in the band for bragging rights, he was Dindo Yogo's (RIP) favorite son

He could've had the best rhumba on Affiare d'etat, but he ended up sounding le a parody of his father. Like Didier Masela would say "le peitit chante bien, mais il surpasse la note"
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: CM PRINCE on January 09, 2018, 00:30
Kiekie, Lady Esobe - Le comédien le plus suspect  ;D

I swear did anyone else find lola trying to outshine everyone on the chorus so annoying he messed the whole thing up

That's Lola Muana for ya. He was too much of a try hard. I guess one could say he was in the band for bragging rights, he was Dindo Yogo's (RIP) favorite son

He could've had the best rhumba on Affiare d'etat, but he ended up sounding le a parody of his father. Like Didier Masela would say "le peitit chante bien, mais il surpasse la note"
He really did, I hated tendrement he ruined his own song with that sheep noise he kept doing,I've always thought he had the advantage cause of who his dad is like for example at bercy during the song number one I thought it was unnecessary for lola to do soleil's,babia, spino's parts and even worse he did depitchos bit on the reworked cd and when there was also mustapha who was going to do soleil' bit but lola hijacked him and took over when there was mustapha, Gibson and Eric who could've done it
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: Manzambi94 on January 09, 2018, 10:50
It is true that the song was a violent attack of Kimbanguiste?
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: Grandpretre on January 09, 2018, 22:36
i'll pay the channel owner to put the whole tape in youtube, effrakata/affaire d'etat era was the best era ever,
from the futuristic cover, the songs, the team, the videos everything was great, he was on another lever.
There were classics albums that year (viagra, internet, bonheur) but effraka (& as well operation dragon) was revolutionary.
i would like to know how it would sound with mamale, sarbatino & spino.
we should make an effrakata topic whit some "things you didnt know about", some "facts", "funny story" ect.
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: Matebu on January 10, 2018, 03:21
i'll pay the channel owner to put the whole tape in youtube, effrakata/affaire d'etat era was the best era ever,
from the futuristic cover, the songs, the team, the videos everything was great, he was on another lever.
There were classics albums that year (viagra, internet, bonheur) but effraka (& as well operation dragon) was revolutionary.
i would like to know how it would sound with mamale, sarbatino & spino.
we should make an effrakata topic whit some "things you didnt know about", some "facts", "funny story" ect.

Yeah, one of these days we should collectively document the golden "Mopao Mokonzi" days 2000 to mid 2003. I posted some Effrakata behind-the-scenes and 2001 Europe-US tour photos I kept in archive in a thread last year.

I'm still amazed at the 10/10 albums released 2001-03 by all the big groups, I find myself listening and enjoying that period the most.

Honestly if I had a time machine, I'd send myself back to late 1996 and throw away the time machine knowing what has happpened to the music industry. I'd make myself an advisor and tell them to avoid the certain decisions than ended up being catastrophic...
Title: Re: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin rehearsing on Suivez le Guide
Post by: CM PRINCE on January 10, 2018, 03:30
i'll pay the channel owner to put the whole tape in youtube, effrakata/affaire d'etat era was the best era ever,
from the futuristic cover, the songs, the team, the videos everything was great, he was on another lever.
There were classics albums that year (viagra, internet, bonheur) but effraka (& as well operation dragon) was revolutionary.
i would like to know how it would sound with mamale, sarbatino & spino.
we should make an effrakata topic whit some "things you didnt know about", some "facts", "funny story" ect.

Yeah, one of these days we should collectively document the golden "Mopao Mokonzi" days 2000 to mid 2003. I posted some Effrakata behind-the-scenes and 2001 Europe-US tour photos I kept in archive in a thread last year.

I'm still amazed at the 10/10 albums released 2001-03 by all the big groups, I find myself listening and enjoying that period the most.

Honestly if I had a time machine, I'd send myself back to late 1996 and throw away the time machine knowing what has happpened to the music industry. I'd make myself an advisor and tell them to avoid the certain decisions than ended up being catastrophic...
Let's build the time machine bro  :D :D :D
1996-2003 was by very very very far the best period in music everything was golden how I wish it could come back especially with all this monotonous garbage these days