Congo Vibes
Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: congo-243 on April 01, 2020, 00:05
-
Ranking is not in order
1. Josky
2. Pepe Kalle
3. Carlyto Lassa
4. Madilu
5. Ferre
-
Every day another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
-
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga
-
lol i was thinking today about top 5 quartier latin bassists since in the last 20 years and a bit more quartier latin is surely the group which had the most different bassists(blanchard,augusto,pathy bass,binda,motingia,sunda,clovis,cobetox the blanchard current backup...)
-
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga
I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
-
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga
I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective
-
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga
I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective
Can I add my 2 cents?
-
lol i was thinking today about top 5 quartier latin bassists since in the last 20 years and a bit more quartier latin is surely the group which had the most different bassists(blanchard,augusto,pathy bass,binda,motingia,sunda,clovis,cobetox the blanchard current backup...)
Tell us
-
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga
I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective
Can I add my 2 cents?
Go ahead
-
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga
I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective
Very solid list - I would add 3 more people - Djo Mpoyi RIP (the way he sings with such emotion gets me every time), Babia Chokoro (RIP)... Also King Kester Emeneya (RIP) - the way he perfectly controlled his voice live or in studio is still something I can't quite believe.
Using your list as a basis; also in no particular order. So sad that 5 of the 8 have passed; Josky is also not in good heath anymore
1. Josky
2. Pepe Kalle
3. Carlyto Lassa
4. Madilu
5. Ferre
6. Djo Mpoyi
7. Babia
8. King Kester
I know I've forgotten someone having a mental block, I know one of you guys will list names that make that remind me
Females -
1. Mbilia Bel
2. Mpongo Love
3. Abeti Masikini
4. Deesse Mukangi
5. Barbara Kanam
-
Unpopular opinion but Ferre is not in my top 5 (I think people on this forum overrate him a lot lol) I'd put Babia over Ferre personally
-
Unpopular opinion but Ferre is not in my top 5 (I think people on this forum overrate him a lot lol) I'd put Babia over Ferre personally
I disagree but I respect your opinion.
-
1. JB Mpiana
2. Ferre Gola
3. Dindo Yogo
4. Papa Wemba
5. Papy Tex
-
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga
I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective
Very solid list - I would add 3 more people - Djo Mpoyi RIP (the way he sings with such emotion gets me every time), Babia Chokoro (RIP)... Also King Kester Emeneya (RIP) - the way he perfectly controlled his voice live or in studio is still something I can't quite believe.
Using your list as a basis; also in no particular order. So sad that 5 of the 8 have passed; Josky is also not in good heath anymore
1. Josky
2. Pepe Kalle
3. Carlyto Lassa
4. Madilu
5. Ferre
6. Djo Mpoyi
7. Babia
8. King Kester
I know I've forgotten someone having a mental block, I know one of you guys will list names that make that remind me
Females -
1. Mbilia Bel
2. Mpongo Love
3. Abeti Masikini
4. Deesse Mukangi
5. Barbara Kanam
I appreciate your knowledge brother. I'm having a discussion with my family members a lot of em think Evoloko is the greatest.
-
Evoloko is a better singer in my opinion (i'm talking about fame). Its not for nothing that Wemba decided to copy his singing-style (Wemba used to sing differently in the first years of Zaiko), becoming his fan while singing in the same band. I will never forgot how he ended the song Phrase during Zenith 2000. Wemba surpassed Evoloko as singer, the moment that Evoloko wasn't taking music seriously anymore, singing often hors gamme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPbs5T4oGs&t=5372s
from 1:29:23 min (wonderfull and Deo Sfr hitting the crash cymbal slowly).
-
Evoloko is a better singer in my opinion (i'm talking about fame). Its not for nothing that Wemba decided to copy his singing-style (Wemba used to sing differently in the first years of Zaiko), becoming his fan while singing in the same band. I will never forgot how he ended the song Phrase during Zenith 2000. Wemba surpassed Evoloko as singer, the moment that Evoloko wasn't taking music seriously anymore, singing often hors gamme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPbs5T4oGs&t=5372s
from 1:29:23 min (wonderfull and Deo Sfr hitting the crash cymbal slowly).
When did he stop and why did stopped taking his music seriously? Did he release something during the 2000s (I don't know, because I was too young)
-
When he was in exil in Europe. He released several albums in the 90s and 2000s, but they went all unnoticed. He released last year a new album.
-
Ranking is not in order
1. Josky
2. Pepe Kalle
3. Carlyto Lassa
4. Madilu
5. Ferre
For me
Carlyto
Pepe Kalle
Madilu
Ferre
Kester
But ahhh Josky. when I think of Josky, the duet he did with Koffi and the songs he sang at OK Jazz. My list is now
Carlyto
Josky
Pepe Kalle
Madilu
Ferre
Others include Kester, Nzaya Nzadio, Papa Wemba, Defao.. Defao should be in my top 5. I would take off Ferre if I was having a Defao moment. But for me Carlyto is number one and the fight for 2 to 5 can change for me on any day.
-
Here are the top five singers of all time
Grand Kalle
Tabu Ley
Nyboma
Papa Wemba
Ntesa
-
Bozi
Defao
Debaba
Evoloko
Pepe kalle
-
Koffi (From the 80s-mid 2000s)
Babia (His vocal in Detresse does something to you)
Madilu
Pépé Kalle
Papa Wemba
-
I am too young to have an all time list but I do like Ferre's voice and a lot of the voices if not all the voices in Koffi's V12 and Loi's album there was a really great composition and attention to the vocal section
https://youtu.be/XvI53bdYL3M
also BCBG's voice until the Kibens JDL and Rio trio were really good. Man Chai was so great in Anti Terro, especially in the song Amour Sans Tache at 3:30
https://youtu.be/3kzBR-s_ItY
God Kibens's voice lol
in Papito Mbala Version 2 also there is a clear reminder of how good the voices in BCBG were
https://youtu.be/VUAdTaC946I
Light Music (First generation) was also a great source of singers
https://youtu.be/DBEqPoOUB6U
https://youtu.be/7reLm4weQk0
https://youtu.be/CkbKI7T1TQ4
https://youtu.be/zZBdwzkAsAQ