Congo Vibes
Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: Drumstar98 on April 04, 2020, 00:01
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OfVnHh7Gug
It's like he's playing the lead guitar on some keyboard.
-
Yeah, the solo he played on Kimpiatu was something else. I also liked the way he played on Soiree Dansante. Bongo Wende is one of my favorite lead guitarists, his style is unique. Lead guitarists of big bands often interpret sebenes of other lead-guitarists correctly, but when those of Bongo Wende are played it always sounds different and like something is missing, especially Kimpiatu. Compare the concert of Emeneya & Papa Wemba at Le Bataclan of 1991 when Bongo Wende plays on Kimpiatu to Victoria Eleison's concert in Japan, when I think Auguy Lutula (can also be Akwesa Kumbaro) plays lead on Kimpiatu and you will hear a big difference. Think also because Bojack use another sound effect when playing lead.
-
Yeah, the solo he played on Kimpiatu was something else. I also liked the way he played on Soiree Dansante. Bongo Wende is one of my favorite lead guitarists, his style is unique. Lead guitarists of big bands often interpret sebenes of other lead-guitarists correctly, but when those of Bongo Wende are played it always sounds different and like something is missing, especially Kimpiatu. Compare the concert of Emeneya & Papa Wemba at Le Bataclan of 1991 when Bongo Wende plays on Kimpiatu to Victoria Eleison's concert in Japan, when I think Auguy Lutula (can also be Akwesa Kumbaro) plays lead on Kimpiatu and you will hear a big difference. Think also because Bojack use another sound effect when playing lead.
I agree, no delay effect on his guitar plus the soiree dansante you can loop it for hours.