Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: J Silu on May 14, 2020, 23:51

Title: Foridoles / Pole Position = Papa Wemba.
Post by: J Silu on May 14, 2020, 23:51
If there are any albums I will forever cherish then it's these 2 albums.

Because number 1, I'm 27 and I was born in England. And I spoke more English and little to no lingala, but understood it. When the songs I knew from those times was through hearing my dad playing them like these albums. But i was too young to know the song names and what It's about etc.

But when I reached 14,15 I was into my hip hop but I always had a connection. With wanting to know more about my history. The motherland and me and dad always bonded through him giving me Congo history lessons which included music. But I decided from teenager to start listening to the songs myself. I will sit there and listen and not understand too much but still enjoy the music. And I loved the sound from these two albums. Especially Moyi. And I loved foridoles more than pole position. I saw those two albums as yaya na leki.

The older I got the more I was learning lingala and watching interviews and basically got heavily involved with the music to the point where I can tell dad "that song is called captaine du Benelux, it's JB's song with  Wenge BCBG" and he would be surprised because he doesn't remember the song at all. I've played so many songs by myself without anyone showing me the songs and that's why people usually come to me to ask me for the song name instead of asking siri.

The older I got, the better I understood lingala and the meanings and the disses to other artists.

But I always cherished these 2 albums because I would play them nearly everyday on my computer or my Sony Ericsson walkman.

What I want to know is if there's any "did you know" fun facts about those 2 albums. Anything interesting that can be shared about those albums.

I know already about Felix, Papa Wemba losing popularity then coming back strong with foridoles.

I already saw from the other forums in here about the foridoles song being a warning to Koffi. Was there any other warnings for other artists on foridoles and pole position? Love dixieme commandement so much but loved it harder when I heard Dally Kimoko was on it. I didn't know who he was when I was young but I only found out about him like 3 years ago, and was always looking for his work he's done so I can hear his magic and that's what led me to start listening and studying other guitarists. Ba 8kilos, Roxy, Dally, other names have escaped me but yeah. I'm proud of myself.

What other things can you tell me about those albums? I love those 2 albums so much, 3rd would be V12. I always played that. Was amazed at the sound and texte. I used to be upset with nouveau testament being a rumba/seben song. I loved how it started and wanted it to finish that way but when I heard the next drop, I knew sebene was coming at the end 

But yeah if there's anything you can tell me in addition to what k already know then I'm grateful.

Title: Re: Foridoles / Pole Position = Papa Wemba.
Post by: Paysan Congolais on May 16, 2020, 00:31
You and I have similar taste: Foridoles and V12 are also among my favorite album.

If you love these two albums, you should love Wake Up.
Title: Re: Foridoles / Pole Position = Papa Wemba.
Post by: J Silu on May 16, 2020, 00:37
Yes that's also one of my top albums. There will never be another wake up in this decade or next. Its just fascinating to me that the album came out in 1996 I think, around the time that either pole position came out before wake up or after (Don't know, was only 3 years old those times) and koffi had ultimatum and lol that he was working on.

I wouldn't even want to see Fally and Ferre Doing an album together. It was a dream of mine but now I hope they don't because I can just imagine the quality of music and texte wouldn't be anything spectacular.