Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: archos on May 16, 2020, 21:08

Title: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: archos on May 16, 2020, 21:08
https://youtu.be/IBuxd2w1uAA

Please dont tell me he is trying to do like gaz mawete's kibokolo
ata kutu balobi il faut kotikala relevant
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: BercysFinest98 on May 16, 2020, 21:37
*BercysFinest98 has left the chat*
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: SLK97 on May 16, 2020, 21:46
Oh my, I knew something was up when I heard the intro. It sounds like his attempt at a street hit song for the kids lol.
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: congo-243 on May 16, 2020, 21:57
i just want one serious album for Koffi, guess that wont be happening
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: Manzambi94 on May 16, 2020, 22:17
This song will be fire
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: BercysFinest98 on May 16, 2020, 22:30
Oh my, I knew something was up when I heard the intro. It sounds like his attempt at a street hit song for the kids lol.
A song for kids? I think "Chocolat" is enough if you ask me!
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: CM PRINCE on May 16, 2020, 22:37
Oh my, I knew something was up when I heard the intro. It sounds like his attempt at a street hit song for the kids lol.
A song for kids? I think "Chocolat" is enough if you ask me!
Lol Chocolat was a banger
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: CM PRINCE on May 16, 2020, 22:38
i just want one serious album for Koffi, guess that wont be happening
You'll be waiting for a long time for that, I've been waiting since 2008.
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: SLK97 on May 16, 2020, 22:40
i just want one serious album for Koffi, guess that wont be happening

Eh, I've already accepted that before 13eme Apotre.
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: BercysFinest98 on May 16, 2020, 22:45
Oh my, I knew something was up when I heard the intro. It sounds like his attempt at a street hit song for the kids lol.
A song for kids? I think "Chocolat" is enough if you ask me!
Lol Chocolat was a banger
Chocolat was definitely a brilliant banger, especially with the "Western Rock Guitar" tone at the end leading the sebene! "Ado" makes this song look like a crown jewel!
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: Matebu on May 16, 2020, 23:26
Can’t say I didn’t warn you guys
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda on May 17, 2020, 06:36
Congo music slowly dying
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: jeantwatwa on May 17, 2020, 10:40
Feels like Congolese Music is becoming more and more inspired by West African beats.
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: Congolitude on May 17, 2020, 10:50
i just want one serious album for Koffi, guess that wont be happening

Eh, I've already accepted that before 13eme Apotre.

 ;D ;D
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: Congolitude on May 17, 2020, 10:57
Koffi can do a very good thing if he releases a stuff like an album of 4 CD of UNRELEASED songs during his career from 1980 to 2008 and an another album special Quartier Latin (all generations included) with 2 or 3 CD of unreleased songs. What do you think about the idea guys ?
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: Paysan Congolais on May 17, 2020, 14:02
^^It's a wonderful idea. I'm sure Koffi got a lot of unreleased songs, either original songs (never came out at all) or songs that came out but in different versions.

That's the only proper thing Koffi can do. Musically he's done.
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: Mfumu Vata on May 17, 2020, 14:17
all Quartier Latin songs are released. Because Koffi would then say already in Kinshasa that they would record x amount of songs for the album and that artist y and x would put songs, while those of Koffi's album are different. From 1995, he would for his own album record 15 songs and from that the double-disc era started like 20 songs and pick the best one and put them on the album (Bomengo for example didn't make it on the tracklist of Monde Arabe, songs like Verite on Loi or the unreleased diss-song against Papa Wemba on 13eme Apotre) and each of those songs had like 6 different versions. Some versions would then be released as clipversion, for example the Non Assistance videoclip sounds very different then the one of the cd-album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cxGcRjFS5k

I hate those re-issue version of videoclips there released for Congolese artists. On the DVD-version of Attenat, you can't hear those handclaps of the dancers during the start of Number One. The same thing you had on Mopretre Lendila, when Jordan Kusa, Bouro, Mamale and co are clapping in their hands when dancing "nzoto basala ngo po eningana". Or the way they just put the sound of the cd version of Operation Dragon in the DVD of Kibuisa Mpimpa while in VHS you had that unfinished version.
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: BercysFinest98 on May 17, 2020, 14:29
Koffi can do a very good thing if he releases a stuff like an album of 4 CD of UNRELEASED songs during his career from 1980 to 2008 and an another album special Quartier Latin (all generations included) with 2 or 3 CD of unreleased songs. What do you think about the idea guys ?
I'd totally live for that!
Title: Re: GUYS HERE IS AN AN EXTRACT OF KOFFI'S ADO
Post by: Franco Pepe Kalle on May 17, 2020, 16:36
I thought Koffi was working on the album LEGEND. I guess that album will never be realized huh.