Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: J Silu on May 17, 2020, 23:22

Title: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: J Silu on May 17, 2020, 23:22
I know they both came out in 1997 but which album came out first?

Tried searching for answers in forums couldn't find.

And is that the first time that an artist and their group both release albums In the same year? That's incredible.

Knowing that around those times, Koffi had Wake Up come out the previous year and I guess during 1997 they started work for droit de veto.

Just looking back at Koffi's album releases, he had one hell of a busy schedule.
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: CM PRINCE on May 17, 2020, 23:26
Ultimatum came out first and Loi came out at the end of 1997
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: Matebu on May 18, 2020, 00:05
I know they both came out in 1997 but which album came out first?

Tried searching for answers in forums couldn't find.

And is that the first time that an artist and their group both release albums In the same year? That's incredible.

Knowing that around those times, Koffi had Wake Up come out the previous year and I guess during 1997 they started work for droit de veto.

Just looking back at Koffi's album releases, he had one hell of a busy schedule.

Ultimatum was originally supposed to come out in 1996. It took a back seat due to Wake Up project that came out in late 96. Early in the year, he was riding on the success of v12.

Ultimatum was recorded in Kenya during their East Africa tour. The masters were lost, they re-recorded the album in Europe
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: J Silu on May 18, 2020, 00:13
I know they both came out in 1997 but which album came out first?

Tried searching for answers in forums couldn't find.

And is that the first time that an artist and their group both release albums In the same year? That's incredible.

Knowing that around those times, Koffi had Wake Up come out the previous year and I guess during 1997 they started work for droit de veto.

Just looking back at Koffi's album releases, he had one hell of a busy schedule.

Ultimatum was originally supposed to come out in 1996. It took a back seat due to Wake Up project that came out in late 96. Early in the year, he was riding on the success of v12.

Ultimatum was recorded in Kenya during their East Africa tour. The masters were lost, they re-recorded the album in Europe

Wow. Funny how the future can change plans due to circumstances. If  it did come out in 96, maybe Wake Up would have come out in 1997 or maybe it wouldn't have happened due to Koffi's schedule.

And they basically recorded a new ultimatum album? Wow.
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: CM PRINCE on May 18, 2020, 00:14
I know they both came out in 1997 but which album came out first?

Tried searching for answers in forums couldn't find.

And is that the first time that an artist and their group both release albums In the same year? That's incredible.

Knowing that around those times, Koffi had Wake Up come out the previous year and I guess during 1997 they started work for droit de veto.

Just looking back at Koffi's album releases, he had one hell of a busy schedule.

Ultimatum was originally supposed to come out in 1996. It took a back seat due to Wake Up project that came out in late 96. Early in the year, he was riding on the success of v12.

Ultimatum was recorded in Kenya during their East Africa tour. The masters were lost, they re-recorded the album in Europe
Still to this day I would give anything to listen to the original Ultimatum recordings, Especially with that beautiful Chorus team of Babia, Suzuki, Willy, Sam, Modogo, and Eric Tutsi. But on the bright side we wouldn't have had Bouro and Champion if the masters weren't lost.
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: Mfumu Vata on May 18, 2020, 00:22
Champion participated in the 1996-version of Ultimatum and shared the drums with Coco Tchomba.
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: bigbodybeats on May 18, 2020, 01:20
 Hmmm.... How do you lose the "master recordings" almost like when Werrason thought he forgot the files to "Fleche Ingeta"
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: Franco Pepe Kalle on May 18, 2020, 01:28
I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: CM PRINCE on May 18, 2020, 01:32
I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.
Not really cause Ultimatum is a group album and Loi is a Koffi solo album
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: Matebu on May 18, 2020, 01:46
I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.
Not really cause Ultimatum is a group album and Loi is a Koffi solo album

I believe what FPK means is that this album introduced the revised team with Geco, Champion, Somono, Mboshi, etc that made a massive impact on greatness of Loi. Also the official introduction of Sam Tshintu. Those guys took Quartier Latin to the next level
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: Matebu on May 18, 2020, 01:55
I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.
Not really cause Ultimatum is a group album and Loi is a Koffi solo album

I believe what FPK means is that this album introduced the revised team with Geco, Champion, Somono, Mboshi, etc that made a massive impact on greatness of Loi. Also the official introduction of Sam Tshintu. Those guys took Quartier Latin to the next level

Looking back Quartier Latin’s roster from 96-98 is my personal favorite overall band roster ever. I’ll gladly argue my case
Title: Re: Loi/Ultimatum
Post by: CM PRINCE on May 18, 2020, 02:05
I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.
Not really cause Ultimatum is a group album and Loi is a Koffi solo album

I believe what FPK means is that this album introduced the revised team with Geco, Champion, Somono, Mboshi, etc that made a massive impact on greatness of Loi. Also the official introduction of Sam Tshintu. Those guys took Quartier Latin to the next level

Looking back Quartier Latin’s roster from 96-98 is my personal favorite overall band roster ever. I’ll gladly argue my case
LOL lets argue, I like them all from 1994 to 2006 for me each roster had something special and unique. From 1994 to 1996 it was about the Chorus, From 1997 to 1998 it was about still the chorus but also hard work and their shows started improving and they took dancing more seriously. 1999 to 2001 it was fresh blood and charisma, 2001 to 2003 they were putting on the best shows and had everything looks, charisma the only thing that was lacking was a good chorus (thanks to Lola and Jipson lol) 2004 Monde Arabe era was good but it was lacking something especially with the departure of Bouro. 2005 to 2006 that team just had everything a proper all star backing. Lets debate!