Congo Vibes
Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: congo-243 on May 27, 2020, 18:33
-
I think it's Quartier Latin's weakest album to date.
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
-
It wasn't exactly a flop per se. It may pale in comparison to preceding albums and it was probably overshadowed by Droit Chemin, but there are still some songs that I dig (Pharmacien, Insecticide, Ba Lobiens). We shouldn't treat it as QL's weakest album, but rather as the final page of one of the greatest chapters of Congolese music. Listen to Moundongou and tell me you don't think it sounds like the end of an era.
-
Lol, looks like we talk every 5 months about this album in this forum
-
Lol, looks like we talk every 5 months about this album in this forum
Lol true
-
Lol, looks like we talk every 5 months about this album in this forum
Lol true
Rond Point Victoire; sometimes we forget we already discussed a topic at length
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
I agree but if I talk...
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
-
It wasn't exactly a flop per se. It may pale in comparison to preceding albums and it was probably overshadowed by Droit Chemin, but there are still some songs that I dig (Pharmacien, Insecticide, Ba Lobiens). We shouldn't treat it as QL's weakest album, but rather as the final page of one of the greatest chapters of Congolese music. Listen to Moundongou and tell me you don't think it sounds like the end of an era.
Agree to disagree, those songs you named are the only ones that stil play till this day. which means the album wasn't that great
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
Nah, my bro @ Manzambi is talking in general not meant for you to take it personal. There’s been a high volume of negative Koffi threads lately. I myself am guilty.
Other members have brought of the same subject of a Danger de Mort being a flop and we already gave detailed input. We don’t want to repeat ourselves Seems to be the sentiment
-
Danger de mort is a good album. All of their albums were good.
Albums I don't enjoy as much are magie and droit de veto, those 2 albums are yaya na leki for me. Part 1 and part 2.
But they're all good albums. Some albums may take time to grow on you.
Danger de mort came out after the release droit chemin. Like 4 months later. Something like that and you know already droit chemin was a huge success. By the time danger de mort is out, it's overlooked. You had the issues of Fally leaving, ferre leaving, just gossips taking over music.
If danger de mort came out before droit chemin, it would be a success and appreciated rightfully.
-
What really constitutes as a flop? Album sales? Koffi couldn’t even promote the album properly and piracy was at an all time high. But this is funny to me, in the midst of 2006, we were talking about how solid the album was despite the so called Ferre-Fally rivalry at the time which was even more dumb because they had already left QL and Koffi was still being dragged into it then came the lawsuit. That rivalry over shadowed the REALLY good compositions from guys like Shella Mputu, Binda Bass, Kamenga and Jipson. As a matter of fact, I didn’t skip any songs on the album and as a matter of fact Pharmacien was still playing in the clubs in Kinshasa when I went in late 2010 even though Nyokalesse was burning hot at the time. DDM is an underrated album that doesn’t get the respect it deserves and his best since in the past 15 years in my opinion.
-
What really constitutes as a flop? Album sales? Koffi couldn’t even promote the album properly and piracy was at an all time high. But this is funny to me, in the midst of 2006, we were talking about how solid the album was despite the so called Ferre-Fally rivalry at the time which was even more dumb because they had already left QL and Koffi was still being dragged into it then came the lawsuit. That rivalry over shadowed the REALLY good compositions from guys like Shella Mputu, Binda Bass, Kamenga and Jipson. As a matter of fact, I didn’t skip any songs on the album and as a matter of fact Pharmacien was still playing in the clubs in Kinshasa when I went in late 2010 even though Nyokalesse was burning hot at the time. DDM is an underrated album that doesn’t get the respect it deserves and his best since in the past 15 years in my opinion.
Flop in terms of the quality I don't care about sales. I expected at least to be on a higher level like Force De Frappe, Afairre d'état
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
Eh leki I came into this forum when you was a little kid put some respek on my name, you are the emotional one
-
What really constitutes as a flop? Album sales? Koffi couldn’t even promote the album properly and piracy was at an all time high. But this is funny to me, in the midst of 2006, we were talking about how solid the album was despite the so called Ferre-Fally rivalry at the time which was even more dumb because they had already left QL and Koffi was still being dragged into it then came the lawsuit. That rivalry over shadowed the REALLY good compositions from guys like Shella Mputu, Binda Bass, Kamenga and Jipson. As a matter of fact, I didn’t skip any songs on the album and as a matter of fact Pharmacien was still playing in the clubs in Kinshasa when I went in late 2010 even though Nyokalesse was burning hot at the time. DDM is an underrated album that doesn’t get the respect it deserves and his best since in the past 15 years in my opinion.
Flop in terms of the quality I don't care about sales. I expected at least to be on a higher level like Force De Frappe, Afairre d'état
Back in the time Affaire d'état was ahead of its time
-
what i disliked about danger de mort was the sound on generique and dancing songs,did not sound koffi-like when you listen to the level of effrakata or even affaire d'etat and it continued in monde arabe sebene songs like rouge a levre you'd not believe its titina
and as i said in the past i am sure koffi regrets till today having saved his idea of song feat fally and ferre for his own album,even with them leaving it could have actually boosted koffi and them aswell in terms of their starting solo rivalry
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
Eh leki I came into this forum when you was a little kid put some respek on my name, you are the emotional one
I'm far for emotional, resepect is earned, my friend. You're the one accusing me of being a hater because my opinion is different from others, so you should learn the difference between hating and stating an opinion because obviously you don't.
-
what i disliked about danger de mort was the sound on generique and dancing songs,did not sound koffi-like when you listen to the level of effrakata or even affaire d'etat and it continued in monde arabe sebene songs like rouge a levre you'd not believe its titina
and as i said in the past i am sure koffi regrets till today having saved his idea of song feat fally and ferre for his own album,even with them leaving it could have actually boosted koffi and them aswell in terms of their starting solo rivalry
For me they should've put more sebene songs and put more songs in the album. You're right about the Generique I don't know hey they messed up like that. But I've gotta agree with the brother @congo_243 in my opinion it falls last on the QL albums but not saying it's bad because it's not, but I just feel like it's my least favourite (And evry single Latino albums are classics before I get called a hater lol)
-
what i disliked about danger de mort was the sound on generique and dancing songs,did not sound koffi-like when you listen to the level of effrakata or even affaire d'etat and it continued in monde arabe sebene songs like rouge a levre you'd not believe its titina
and as i said in the past i am sure koffi regrets till today having saved his idea of song feat fally and ferre for his own album,even with them leaving it could have actually boosted koffi and them aswell in terms of their starting solo rivalry
I wholeheartedly agree with your statement. The sebenes on Monde Arabe were nothing but lazy. Expect for Respect.
-
what i disliked about danger de mort was the sound on generique and dancing songs,did not sound koffi-like when you listen to the level of effrakata or even affaire d'etat and it continued in monde arabe sebene songs like rouge a levre you'd not believe its titina
and as i said in the past i am sure koffi regrets till today having saved his idea of song feat fally and ferre for his own album,even with them leaving it could have actually boosted koffi and them aswell in terms of their starting solo rivalry
For me they should've put more sebene songs and put more songs in the album. You're right about the Generique I don't know hey they messed up like that. But I've gotta agree with the brother @congo_243 in my opinion it falls last on the QL albums but not saying it's bad because it's not, but I just feel like it's my least favourite (And evry single Latino albums are classics before I get called a hater lol)
That's what I'm saying but I'm being accused of being a hater like how does that any sense, if you look at the previous work like FDP, Affaire d'état I'm convinced/hope nobody thinks that danger de mort is up to par with those 2 albums.
-
what i disliked about danger de mort was the sound on generique and dancing songs,did not sound koffi-like when you listen to the level of effrakata or even affaire d'etat and it continued in monde arabe sebene songs like rouge a levre you'd not believe its titina
and as i said in the past i am sure koffi regrets till today having saved his idea of song feat fally and ferre for his own album,even with them leaving it could have actually boosted koffi and them aswell in terms of their starting solo rivalry
It would have been a song that reunit together Koffi Fally and Ferre or a song Koffi feat Fally and another song Koffi feat Ferre ?
-
what i disliked about danger de mort was the sound on generique and dancing songs,did not sound koffi-like when you listen to the level of effrakata or even affaire d'etat and it continued in monde arabe sebene songs like rouge a levre you'd not believe its titina
and as i said in the past i am sure koffi regrets till today having saved his idea of song feat fally and ferre for his own album,even with them leaving it could have actually boosted koffi and them aswell in terms of their starting solo rivalry
For me they should've put more sebene songs and put more songs in the album. You're right about the Generique I don't know hey they messed up like that. But I've gotta agree with the brother @congo_243 in my opinion it falls last on the QL albums but not saying it's bad because it's not, but I just feel like it's my least favourite (And evry single Latino albums are classics before I get called a hater lol)
That's what I'm saying but I'm being accused of being a hater like how does that any sense, if you look at the previous work like FDP, Affaire d'état I'm convinced/hope nobody thinks that danger de mort is up to par with those 2 albums.
Don't worry about it bro.
-
what i disliked about danger de mort was the sound on generique and dancing songs,did not sound koffi-like when you listen to the level of effrakata or even affaire d'etat and it continued in monde arabe sebene songs like rouge a levre you'd not believe its titina
and as i said in the past i am sure koffi regrets till today having saved his idea of song feat fally and ferre for his own album,even with them leaving it could have actually boosted koffi and them aswell in terms of their starting solo rivalry
It would have been a song that reunit together Koffi Fally and Ferre or a song Koffi feat Fally and another song Koffi feat Ferre ?
it was a song having fally koffi and ferre co leading in order for koffi to have on his left and right the two biggest young stars
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
Eh leki I came into this forum when you was a little kid put some respek on my name, you are the emotional one
I'm far for emotional, resepect is earned, my friend. You're the one accusing me of being a hater because my opinion is different from others, so you should learn the difference between hating and stating an opinion because obviously you don't.
I could roast you, but I will be the bigger person and let it go, I don't have energy for these things right now
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
Eh leki I came into this forum when you was a little kid put some respek on my name, you are the emotional one
I'm far for emotional, resepect is earned, my friend. You're the one accusing me of being a hater because my opinion is different from others, so you should learn the difference between hating and stating an opinion because obviously you don't.
I could roast you, but I will be the bigger person and let it go, I don't have energy for these things right now
I could roast you but.. either you do it or you shut your mouth. That woulda coulda tactics you are trying to play makes you even look more like a clown.
-
What really constitutes as a flop? Album sales? Koffi couldn’t even promote the album properly and piracy was at an all time high. But this is funny to me, in the midst of 2006, we were talking about how solid the album was despite the so called Ferre-Fally rivalry at the time which was even more dumb because they had already left QL and Koffi was still being dragged into it then came the lawsuit. That rivalry over shadowed the REALLY good compositions from guys like Shella Mputu, Binda Bass, Kamenga and Jipson. As a matter of fact, I didn’t skip any songs on the album and as a matter of fact Pharmacien was still playing in the clubs in Kinshasa when I went in late 2010 even though Nyokalesse was burning hot at the time. DDM is an underrated album that doesn’t get the respect it deserves and his best since in the past 15 years in my opinion.
Flop in terms of the quality I don't care about sales. I expected at least to be on a higher level like Force De Frappe, Afairre d'état
Back in the time Affaire d'état was ahead of its time
It did but DDM was the catapult for those writers aside from Fally & Ferre to release great solo albums, which again were overshadowed by that rivalry and the powerhouse that WMM was at the time and its subsequent defectors, but I digress. Detractors can say what they want, but you can’t deny that DDM was probably the last group album that helped to lay the groundwork for those albums. Koffi probably didn’t realize it then but I bet he does now: Your legacy is forever and worth way more than money. That’s probably why he doesn’t give a shit with what he puts out now or what we as fans think. He has nothing else to prove.
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
Eh leki I came into this forum when you was a little kid put some respek on my name, you are the emotional one
I'm far for emotional, resepect is earned, my friend. You're the one accusing me of being a hater because my opinion is different from others, so you should learn the difference between hating and stating an opinion because obviously you don't.
I could roast you, but I will be the bigger person and let it go, I don't have energy for these things right now
I could roast you but.. either you do it or you shut your mouth. That woulda coulda tactics you are trying to play makes you even look more like a clown.
Lol for real man I don't have tine for your shit. You wanna loose your day insulting people online that you don't even know fine but don't put me in I have too much things to think about
-
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
Eh leki I came into this forum when you was a little kid put some respek on my name, you are the emotional one
I'm far for emotional, resepect is earned, my friend. You're the one accusing me of being a hater because my opinion is different from others, so you should learn the difference between hating and stating an opinion because obviously you don't.
I could roast you, but I will be the bigger person and let it go, I don't have energy for these things right now
I could roast you but.. either you do it or you shut your mouth. That woulda coulda tactics you are trying to play makes you even look more like a clown.
Lol for real man I don't have tine for your shit. You wanna loose your day insulting people online that you don't even know fine but don't put me in I have too much things to think about
Have a nice day.