Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: NEWSIDE96 on February 22, 2015, 11:53

Title: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: NEWSIDE96 on February 22, 2015, 11:53
Today I will do a review on Koffi's album - which came out in 2008.
Title: Re: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: NEWSIDE96 on February 22, 2015, 13:04
Part 1

Background/Origin:

Taking back from 8 years ago Koffi was literally successful with his art along with his Quartier Latin, just two years before the album was released problems began and I'm not talking petty problems I mean a gigantic problem, firstly the departure of Fally Ipupa was an absolute hay-maker to begin the rise of the so called 5th Generation and of course ground breaking album "Droit Chemin", the departure of Ferre Gola to also aid the rise 5th generation and the departure of most experienced professional singers/musicians for instance Jordan Kusa, Mirage, Soleil, Bouro Mpela, Titina Al Capone, Fofo Le Collegien, Apocalypse, Brigade and co. I believe this affect caused Koffi (Mopao) to start from scratch, I have never seen Mopao to be downed like that before (memories of Academia departure and the beginning of Fally, Kusa and co's generation). Around late 2006 early 2007 Fally Ipupa was emerging as the star of the country and also the beginning of the 5th generation, problems were caused fans believing that it's an end for the older generations and that the new generation will completely take over.

Koffi is someone who knows how to get all eye's on him and he started by his unfriendly controversy with Wazekwa by taking his core musicians like Gessac, Joss Diena and Hono Kapanga, also collecting Maison Mere's Jitrois, Zoe Bella from Victoria, female singers Cindy, MJ 30 and a new talented Quartier Latin team "Les Mineurs" which introduced us to Guelor Mon Ami, future star Deplick, Arabe Yousouf and others. Not long after Swi the single was released but not with major impact as expected but he still was relevant due to his competition with Wazkewa and fans wanting see the response that he is for Fally's Droit Chemin (not a really feud but just to see what he has to offer), the long awaited album was meant to be released in September 2007 but delayed till 2008 causing more insecurities to fans who believe he is finished and not able to compete.

Some videos extracting the preparation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHIw_vWTcO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TkKgQ1_uNw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9iLgo7U-Uk


 
Title: Re: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: NEWSIDE96 on February 22, 2015, 13:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q6f4VeqvoQ

 ;D ;D ;D This guy is really good with promotion lol I wanted to listen to album just because of this ad
Title: Re: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: Jdog on February 22, 2015, 17:24
This was a  pretty good album.
Title: Re: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on February 24, 2015, 21:03
Good analysis. I think Koffi was really hit hard when Fally and company left, now he trusts no one but Cindy,i don't know what he would do if she left! ;D
Title: Re: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: mvulusi96 on December 10, 2015, 21:37
ti lelo
Title: Re: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: NEWSIDE96 on December 10, 2015, 22:39
ti lelo

Vraiment (koffi voice) naza pe mutu botika nga na pema, ok I'll try my hardest for saturday night or tomorrow please be patient  :) thanks!
Title: Re: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: CM PRINCE on January 06, 2016, 20:37
still waiting! hahaha  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Album Review: Koffi -
Post by: NEWSIDE96 on January 06, 2016, 20:42
still waiting! hahaha  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm extremely busy in real life with things to complete also please bear with me I'll try my hardest