Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: shamala on September 19, 2015, 21:05

Title: KeneKene was something
Post by: shamala on September 19, 2015, 21:05
I liked Kene Kene, he features here....
https://youtu.be/uSnymGsNg2Q
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on September 19, 2015, 21:09
No mabanga!! 5 stars
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: Jdog on September 19, 2015, 22:03
No mabanga!! 5 stars
Mabanga is how they get they're money, I just have anybissue with it when the mabanga is sung in a vocal more then lyrics.
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: Jdog on September 19, 2015, 22:03
Yeah Kene Kene was my favorite when he was in Maison Mere.
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: Congomusiclover001 on September 19, 2015, 22:48
Anyone else watched the video twice? One for missing Kene Kene and the second time...well, you should know why  ;D ;D ;D ;D

But on the real, Kene Kene still has it. I wish he would be featured more on current songs.
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: SYMPLICITY on September 20, 2015, 17:57
I always see Kene Kene praised here but for some reason I dont seem to have identified him all these years. I know all other Maison Mere atalakus both by face and voice but on this Kene Kene I draw a blank. Someone please tell me which albums he voiced in and maybe go a step further and post a song he has sung in( from which minute to which). Will appreciate.
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: Congomusiclover001 on September 20, 2015, 18:44
I always see Kene Kene praised here but for some reason I dont seem to have identified him all these years. I know all other Maison Mere atalakus both by face and voice but on this Kene Kene I draw a blank. Someone please tell me which albums he voiced in and maybe go a step further and post a song he has sung in( from which minute to which). Will appreciate.

Kene Kene is at the 10:40 mark. This was the first song he was featured in. He was also in the Album Temoignage with Celeo and Roi David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYSv-d7Bl0Y
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: SYMPLICITY on September 20, 2015, 19:56
has got energy i gotta admit. Will take keener interest and take a listen to Temoignage again. its been long. Will give me a chance to savour J3's and Aimelia's magic vocals once again
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: archos on September 20, 2015, 20:06
for me from all the guys who imitated  bill and even tried to look like him, he is the one who had the most similar attributes(not necessarily the voice),he is muluba like bill,can you eye catching dancing like bill,has a bit of that freestyle creation,all he lacked is to develop a certain stage charisma, a majority of the bill copycats have energetic animation and rough voice and thats it
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on September 20, 2015, 20:49
To me, this guy was useless as an ataluku. I think he chose the wrong department, he's a bloody damn good singer who wasted his time doing animation when he could have sang his heart out whilst with Werrason who is known for fronting the best talent(since he Werasson is not the best of singers himself.)
By now Kenekene would have been someone as a singer. I am still waiting for his album especially the song featuring Viva La Musica's Chabrown.
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: archos on September 20, 2015, 21:05
a bit like cnn we can almost regret why he was first an atalaku :D :D :D :D
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on September 20, 2015, 22:05
a bit like cnn we can almost regret why he was first an atalaku :D :D :D :D
Voila. At least CNN did well with animation and we only realised later that he could actually sing as well but Kenekene no, his animation was not catchy but the first time he appeared and sang some Kibuisa Mpimpa songs as a solo artist everyone was stunned!
Title: Re: KeneKene was something
Post by: Congomusiclover001 on November 03, 2015, 15:11
Anyone noticed how these white girls are moving quite nicely to African percussion/music of late? It's a thing of joy to see them move. The skinny girl in this video is one of the best dancers in this song.