Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: Jdog on November 03, 2015, 06:01

Title: I like these type of songs from this guy
Post by: Jdog on November 03, 2015, 06:01
The rhumbas in Power Kosa Leka weren't as good to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9NlS5Pp2dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgXpVpQEIWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbb_EkVkPzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdYY8rVSGWM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAcUdNjsRWs
Title: Re: I like these type of songs from this guy
Post by: archos on November 03, 2015, 10:12
fally went for lower songwriters in kosa leka,and himself wrote much more than in previous albums
i think thats the secret,in the previous albums he had experienced writers like eldorado,mosaka,do akongo and so on whereas in kosa leka 99 per cent is done by younger songwriters just coming into the business plus himself fally and tony gattuso
Title: Re: I like these type of songs from this guy
Post by: Matebu on November 03, 2015, 15:59
I'd add Cadenas and maybe 5ème Race to that list.

There was a rumor floating around a while ago that none of the songs on Kosa Leka were written by Fally. Any truth to this?

In the days of 3,4,5? CDs and only making songs if purchased by some figurehead, the inherent passion and hunger the 4th and 5th gen. musicians once had just isn't there.