Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: archos on December 28, 2015, 15:11

Title: KOFFI TAUNTS AN IVORIAN PROMOTER
Post by: archos on December 28, 2015, 15:11
http://www.sangoyacongo.com/2015/12/koffi-olomide-nargue-le-producteur.html

It seems that there was a disagreement between both guys in his recent time of concerts in ivory coast and judging by his reaction it seems the guy promised he wont be able to leave ivory coast
Title: Re: KOFFI TAUNTS AN IVORIAN PROMOTER
Post by: EMOVICTEAM on December 28, 2015, 17:29
Koffi is in Zambia this weekend i think.
Title: Re: KOFFI TAUNTS AN IVORIAN PROMOTER
Post by: JV “Lone Ranger” on December 28, 2015, 20:27
I watched Koffi interview explaning his actions and I agree with him.....if you're not willing to pay the rest of the money for image rights then don't try film the concert....I'm sure they wouldn't do such thing to Beyonce or other USA artists...well done DJ Quadra...know your rights
Title: Re: KOFFI TAUNTS AN IVORIAN PROMOTER
Post by: Matebu on December 28, 2015, 21:48
I watched Koffi interview explaning his actions and I agree with him.....if you're not willing to pay the rest of the money for image rights then don't try film the concert....I'm sure they wouldn't do such thing to Beyonce or other USA artists...well done DJ Quadra...know your rights

Exactly, Producers wouldn't dare commit such practices against American & European artists, but they have no problem doing it with African artists - even Youssou N'Dour and Salif Keita had similar problems in Mali and Cote D'ivoire. 

Ivorian, rather, most African producers have been playing this swindling game for too long. It ends up affecting fans who have to wait, not knowing what is going on and, in some cases, it affects the career of musicians. There have been recent improvments In Congo, DRC, and Angola but its still a far too common occurrence. 
Title: Re: KOFFI TAUNTS AN IVORIAN PROMOTER
Post by: Jdog on December 29, 2015, 02:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJrsmmp9Vw
Title: Re: KOFFI TAUNTS AN IVORIAN PROMOTER
Post by: Ken Bilele on December 29, 2015, 18:58
Very very unfortunate!! Promoters always have the advantage that in that scenario it's musicians who are seen to be at fault.