Congo Vibes

Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: NEWSIDE96 on February 18, 2016, 23:07

Title: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: NEWSIDE96 on February 18, 2016, 23:07
Depitcho Savanet (handsome guy, clean and presentable but his voice is just shocking I'm sorry I can't defend him not for me).
Jordan Kusa (another one great danser, good charismatic skills and a nice guy but then again he can't sing sorry).
JDL (another great guy, loyal to BCBG but then again he can't sing no just no).
Cappucino LBG (has everything like Savanet but he can't sing even though his intellectual, handsome, fantastic dancer, presentable. and all the singing just kills him in my opinion).
Chou Lay (again everything but the singing).
One singer from Viva Nouvelle Ecrita forgot his name horrible singer had a vocal on Paradoxe awful.

Honorable Mentions:
Adolphe Dominguez (I love this guy so I won't put he on my list but his worst day he can't sing at all but when he really wants to sing he'll do a fantastic job listen to his La Verite, him on that form a very very good singer so he isn't on my list)
Fabregas Metis Noir (This man right here is top top top singer especially in 2nd voice I know he can do it very very well and his done it once with deplik he sounded so good but when he goes off with his weird style I can't handle him in any way)
Werrason (same with Adolphe on his day so impressive but on a bad not even worthy of being a singer)
Title: Re: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: Jdog on February 19, 2016, 00:35
Fabregas is much better when e sings normally. Mao of Ferre's group makes too much noise but when he sings calmly he's good.Jordan Kusa and Cap LBG are not bad singers. And Adolphe should be on the list same with Nicodem.
Title: Re: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: Matebu on February 19, 2016, 05:23
Solid critical analysis. I think we're all fans of Adolphe to certain degree, but I think its predominantly because of his charisma, humor, and good heartiness. I've always been on the fence about his singing yet some of my favorite Wenge songs (La Verite, La Vie, etc.) are his songs.

As much as I like his work, I'd also (reluctantly) include Le Karmapa. He is an excellent composer, knows how to utilize his talented musicians, and has released some of the best generiques over the past decade, but his solo singing is just very mediocre. He's a decent 2éme voix, however.

Roga Roga - Top-notch guitarist and composer, but way too much monotony in his average singing abilities. On top of that most of his ballads/rhumbas sound the same.

Going back to the early 90s, a lot of the singers who capitalized on soukous were terrible singers, hence they went into obscurity when the genre declined.

The absolute worst singer I've heard, a name you may not recognize, is Bodi Mabiala. I believe he was a wealthy chap who decided to release an album feat good vocalists. It's offensively bad singing  :o ;D

http://youtu.be/YZW62IW7Y2A

Another mention (dis) honorable mention is Le Duc Herode (Golden Tcha-Tcho), who had an all-star orchestra and guest vocalists for his album, but they couldn't save his terrible singing. 

https://youtu.be/CgIxARgUN7c
Title: Re: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: CM PRINCE on February 19, 2016, 15:20
I Thought adolphe sang really bad here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5MrmKXY_o
Title: Re: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: Congomusiclover001 on February 19, 2016, 15:34
I think the reason people like Adolphe and Cappucino don't sound like good singers is because they have that "Voix Grave". Not been a tenor singer always makes you sound as if you can't sing even if the composition is a good one.
Title: Re: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on February 19, 2016, 16:15
Talking of bad singing, I don't know what Werrason smoked or drunk before messing up this beautiful song and why Defao allowed him to do it I don't know. ;D ;D ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H0W-VVs-m4
Title: Re: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: Matebu on February 19, 2016, 21:34
^ Hehe, I think Defao let it pass cause he's a nice guy. Defao typically chooses great vocalists for featurings. It's even funnier when you listen to it back to-back with Defao's version. Absolutely zero singing effort on Wera's part, just embarrassing.
Title: Re: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on February 20, 2016, 10:23
^ Hehe, I think Defao let it pass cause he's a nice guy. Defao typically chooses great vocalists for featurings. It's even funnier when you listen to it back to-back with Defao's version. Absolutely zero singing effort on Wera's part, just embarrassing.
;D ;D ;D Indeed, the original song is fantastic, Werra must have been so high!!
Title: Re: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS
Post by: Ken Bilele on February 20, 2016, 15:35
I didn't see Marie Paul in there. Its painful to watch him sing live.