Congo Vibes
Music => Congolese Music => Topic started by: shamala on February 21, 2016, 21:48
-
Am always impressed by white dudes playing guitar Congolese style flawlessly .
https://vid.me/IVAA
-
They are stealing our style. One day i won't be surprised to see rhumba being fully integrated in the white man music.
-
They are stealing our style. One day i won't be surprised to see rhumba being fully integrated in the white man music.
You may be right, but they CAN'T claim originality for it. I think they like the challenge of replicating how we play because congolese guitare/Soukous riffs are a bit complicated. And looking at the video, this guy is Latino. Colombia and Venezuela are big on Soukous Music.
-
You may be right, but they CAN'T claim originality for it. I think they like the challenge of replicating how we play because congolese guitare/Soukous riffs are a bit complicated. And looking at the video, this guy is Latino. Colombia and Venezuela are big on Soukous Music.
You are quite right a pal of mine knows the works of Kimbangu and Gianni Magoma
-
Congomusic.....ask yourself: "who discovered Victoria falls"?....they say its explorer David Livingstone. But were was the chief and his local people before david Livingston arrived?
Its the people that first saw the falls but that has been robbed away from them. It can happen with this music.
-
quite impressive stuff,shows how great congolese music is
-
Even dancing
https://vid.me/XDd0
-
lol shamala i actually saw that video yesterday night,two good dancers,way better than some of our musicians :D :D :D
-
I've followed this guy for a while. He's pretty good. He's based in Washington State.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qdM1_nd4rc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PjJcDq7npw
-
So you guys don't even know that my co-admin on this forum Bencuri also plays Congolese style perfectly ie solo,bass and now drums. ;D
-
So you guys don't even know that my co-admin on this forum Bencuri also plays Congolese style perfectly ie solo,bass and now drums. ;D
This statement still doesnt conclude that he's of a different ethnicity, but I get what you mean ;D ;D ;D ;D. I will like to see his work. Any videos where he's playing solo? I know he plays with Renato Mundele but never caught him on any live videos.
-
This statement still doesnt conclude that he's of a different ethnicity, but I get what you mean ;D ;D ;D ;D. I will like to see his work. Any videos where he's playing solo? I know he plays with Renato Mundele but never caught him on any live videos.
He sometimes plays as a guest with Renato when visiting the UK,hit's unfortunate the videos i took when he played solo were not backed up before my computer crashed but there is one on youtube where he plays bass and some of Franco's guitar partitions. ;D ;D ;D