He says he has been around Roga Roga as his young man from way back before Roga Roga even thought of becoming a musician and that he first learned how to play the guitar from the same person who taught Roga, Espe Bass and Durell Loemba. He also talks about their incoming concerts in Brazza and Ivory Coast. Also talks about what made them leave. He says Roga stopped respecting them musicians to the point where at one rehearsal, he would be tellling them that 'if you want to leave, leave as he cared less". He adds that one of the last concerts they had in Point Noire, at the end of the concert when paying them their dues, Roga was throwing the monies (never mind that the money is chump change of the contract) in their faces without consideration of the dignity of a person. He says that kind of treatment is what really pushed them to leave. The last straw obviously came when Roga said no one will put mabanga in the coming album.He ends by saying he still respects Roga as his grand frere but Congo Brazza will see "battle for supremacy" musically that has never been seen before.I notice that most Nouvelle Horizon clips and rehearsal clips are posted on Levyson's channel, i foresee a situation where Levsyson will start claiming ki leadership of the group leading to friction. I think they should have opened an official group channel.
I wanted to know why became rhythm player after being years Espe’s reserve player (playing bass on Kemde), instead that Roga took a another rhythm-player from Team B or his friend Saint Petro. But the journalist didn’t ask that.
@Cavalier SolitaireAs a bassist, I found switching to rhythm guitar to be comparatively easier than transitioning into a lead guitarist. There's certain techniques that I've hardly use when I'm slapping bass or playing rhythm. For example, Roga Roga and especially Kapaya utilizes chord trills to emphasize a particular phrase during a solo.Roga does trills at 35 seconds of the song, again with Losambo (he adjust his amp for feedback) at 7:57 into the song.Personally, I'm technical player so I aim for mastery in transitions, walking lines, and so on. I play baritone as well; they're not as popular because it's essentially a six-string bass but I love the sound!
I think that you misunderstood Mimiche Bass. Mimiche ignored Lofombo in that interview with Ado Yuhe. He said that it was Lofombo used to play only with one strong and that he was the guy who introcuded the style of playing with all string, like he was playing a kingongolo. While it was Lofombo the person who introduced that style and Mimiche copying it, replicating many bass-lines in Maison Mere. That interview frustrated many people who know both Mimiche and Lofombo well. Lofombo was very furious when he heard it, but it wasn't a surprise, because Mimiche used to ignore Lofombo years long in interviews, while he used to be his petit and understudy. I remember Lofombo 7 years ago saying, that he would not mention his understudies anymore who ignore him, only those who are grateful. Mentioning only Wallo Bass and Michel Bass. On which minute did Fofo said that? I just remember that Fofo le Collegien said that he learned playing rhythm-guitar from his uncle, who was doing traditional folklore (Bakongo) music, then later he joined a band and the bandleader who's name his Budha, saw him trying to play guitar and said to him that he woud train him how to play bass. Because the guy who used to play bass in his band wasn't coming anymore.