Author Topic: Consistency  (Read 2015 times)

J Silu on: May 16, 2020, 00:34

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 139
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I read from one forum on here about the influence of QL on Congolese music.

Would you say that Koffi and his group have been the most consistent when it comes to releasing albums?

I mean since the 90s, he's released almost every year. Other artists have too but do you think Koffi has been the most consistent?

And if yes then I believe he's only been this consistent because he always had to fight to prove a point. The competition he's faced made the level of productivity high.

So in the end his work maybe wouldn't be as great as it is f it wasn't for the likes of the challenges he feared from Papa Wemba, Wenge (especially)

Do you agree?

Paysan Congolais #1 on: May 16, 2020, 00:42

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 713
  • Karma: +3/-2
    • View Profile
Koffi and QL were very prolific between the early 90's and the mid 00'.

But I will put TP OK Jazz and Zaiko before QL. They were also very prolific but for a longer period of time.

I'll put Koffi and QL on the same level with Empire Bakuba.

J Silu #2 on: May 16, 2020, 00:47

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 139
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Koffi and QL were very prolific between the early 90's and the mid 00'.

But I will put TP OK Jazz and Zaiko before QL. They were also very prolific but for a longer period of time.

I'll put Koffi and QL on the same level with Empire Bakuba.

Yes thats true and from what i know is that During the 80s, OK Jazz, Zaiko, Empire Bakuba, Victoria Eleison, Choc Stars,  and many more those groups were releasing albums frequently.

I always wished I was born to experience the 80s, a special time for congolese music