I know they both came out in 1997 but which album came out first?Tried searching for answers in forums couldn't find. And is that the first time that an artist and their group both release albums In the same year? That's incredible. Knowing that around those times, Koffi had Wake Up come out the previous year and I guess during 1997 they started work for droit de veto. Just looking back at Koffi's album releases, he had one hell of a busy schedule.
Quote from: J Silu on May 17, 2020, 23:22I know they both came out in 1997 but which album came out first?Tried searching for answers in forums couldn't find. And is that the first time that an artist and their group both release albums In the same year? That's incredible. Knowing that around those times, Koffi had Wake Up come out the previous year and I guess during 1997 they started work for droit de veto. Just looking back at Koffi's album releases, he had one hell of a busy schedule.Ultimatum was originally supposed to come out in 1996. It took a back seat due to Wake Up project that came out in late 96. Early in the year, he was riding on the success of v12. Ultimatum was recorded in Kenya during their East Africa tour. The masters were lost, they re-recorded the album in Europe
I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.
Quote from: Franco Pepe Kalle on May 18, 2020, 01:28I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.Not really cause Ultimatum is a group album and Loi is a Koffi solo album
Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 18, 2020, 01:32Quote from: Franco Pepe Kalle on May 18, 2020, 01:28I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.Not really cause Ultimatum is a group album and Loi is a Koffi solo albumI believe what FPK means is that this album introduced the revised team with Geco, Champion, Somono, Mboshi, etc that made a massive impact on greatness of Loi. Also the official introduction of Sam Tshintu. Those guys took Quartier Latin to the next level
Quote from: Matebu on May 18, 2020, 01:46Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 18, 2020, 01:32Quote from: Franco Pepe Kalle on May 18, 2020, 01:28I think Ultimatum was a pretext for Loi. I think this album was a preview how things were going to be for the Loi Album.Not really cause Ultimatum is a group album and Loi is a Koffi solo albumI believe what FPK means is that this album introduced the revised team with Geco, Champion, Somono, Mboshi, etc that made a massive impact on greatness of Loi. Also the official introduction of Sam Tshintu. Those guys took Quartier Latin to the next levelLooking back Quartier Latin’s roster from 96-98 is my personal favorite overall band roster ever. I’ll gladly argue my case