Author Topic: FALLY IS BREAKING BARRIERS  (Read 6148 times)

Manzambi94 on: October 18, 2017, 11:39

  • Guest

You can love or hate Fally, being a fan or not being a fan but you have to recognize that he is the only Congolese guy who is breaking barriers after Emeneya and Koffi, Emeneya was very strong in Japan while Koffi really broke the barriers in a lot of African countries but Fally is slowly becoming worldwide, for the people who doesn't know Clique is a YouTube channel where people mainly French but even internationals famous one are getting ng interviewed over their career in life, man I wish all the Congolese artist could take the same road of Fally

POLE POSTION #1 on: October 18, 2017, 18:22

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • Karma: +3/-5
    • View Profile
Manzambi94 watch the below video's this is the only Congolese music star to do this kind of things and the level he reached by promoting Lingala music, African music i.e swahili, a bit of French but if you knew the sacrifice he was asked to do to remain there he could not for the love of God accept them so came back to his roots and people accepted him because even with the music change he still kept the congolese influence and language as the main focus his name is PAPA WEMBA SHUNGU WEMBADIO KURU YAKA M'SEE FULA NGENGE










Enjoy
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 19:53 by POLE POSTION »

Matebu #2 on: October 19, 2017, 00:28

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6136
  • Karma: +31/-7
    • View Profile
I agree Pole Position 100%, as proven by all the clips kindly provided. What Fally has done on the International (& local scene I'd argue) only scratches the surface of what Papa Wemba (RIP) accomplished in his career..

And he also  accomplished this without social media or the conception of "viral" online video. Both aspects are critical to Fally
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 00:30 by Matebu »

BrazzaBoy #3 on: October 19, 2017, 04:39

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 286
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
When Fally will have crossed over the Atlantic then we’ll say he’s crossing barriers. Fally is somewhat big in France but you gotta realize he is just following suit, Koffi and Quartier Latin opened up a lot of doors so its much easier for Fally to come in. I was in France around 2000 and beyond and I dont even think Fally is bigger now than Koffi was, and like Matebu said there was no social media around back then. Oloko Yo is not gon break barriers breh

Manzambi94 #4 on: October 19, 2017, 13:10

  • Guest
I didn't put Papa Wemba because honesty I have never lived his era of musical success worldwide the only album that I have ever listened was the one with Al Pacino and Mogratana with very young dancers I don't remember the album's name I guess it was A Là Une or something and there was the typical sign of Papa Wemba with the hands up, and with song like Kinzaki, and cries like "Mamma Mia", " Soki mwana kulutu alakisi mosapi petite frère keba suka nde mabe" and then the other one was Show Me The Way a sungle along with that song who start like a prayer: "Koluka elongi na Yawhe, na ba mpasi na nga..." So I can really be honest about Wemba influenced me or my way of views like Koffi, Emeneya, or Fally did but I think it only generational.
I know Papa Wemba was big because when he died and I saw people from all Europe talking about his death but I think that even though you think Fally is still little to Papa Wemba I think that if he will keep singing in Lingala and do Rumba and Generique he will easily be bigger than Wemba

archos #5 on: October 19, 2017, 13:50

  • Mighty Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 23461
  • Karma: +63/-26
    • View Profile
guys we cant really compare we have seen papa wemba do wonders for a congolese artist we have witnessed  him having his career pretty much behind him and unfortunately now his life is gone aswell so we can assess all what he has done,fally is still at the point of aiming to do in a different context,and in a completely different so called world music realities aint the same at all and fally himself says he is inspired by papa wemba but will be trying to make his own mark
the only thing so far i really see in common between both is how controversial their choice was to people,even emeneya for the nzinzi album got criticized seriously

Manzambi94 #6 on: October 19, 2017, 13:54

  • Guest
guys we cant really compare we have seen papa wemba do wonders for a congolese artist we have witnessed  him having his career pretty much behind him and unfortunately now his life is gone aswell so we can assess all what he has done,fally is still at the point of aiming to do in a different context,and in a completely different so called world music realities aint the same at all and fally himself says he is inspired by papa wemba but will be trying to make his own mark
the only thing so far i really see in common between both is how controversial their choice was to people,even emeneya for the nzinzi album got criticized seriously
What were the reasons behind the criticism of Emeneya? I have notice that he wasn't really considered as a big artist by the musicians except by Werra.

archos #7 on: October 19, 2017, 14:07

  • Mighty Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 23461
  • Karma: +63/-26
    • View Profile
himself was saying that other colleagues were saying he abandoned rumba to play "jerk" music but he knew what he wanted
he was very considered  bro just that even with the recent case of fally and to some extent werra,people think congolese music is just rumba and sebene,so the folklore guys are not taken too seriously except some periods here and there  where they have success, and the hip hop rnb congolese artists  living in DRC its even worse people say they are deluded

CM PRINCE #8 on: October 19, 2017, 15:00

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
This is what I like about fally he's a hustler he has a different vision compared to the rest can't fault him for that I'd love to see a congolese artist at the grammys or something like that

Matebu #9 on: October 19, 2017, 15:07

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6136
  • Karma: +31/-7
    • View Profile
^ Haha, Fally used to invite himself to the Grammy's every year just for appearances and Ferre fans roasted him.

He's stop attending recently; particularly after he left Monsoh

CM PRINCE #10 on: October 19, 2017, 16:52

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
^ Haha, Fally used to invite himself to the Grammy's every year just for appearances and Ferre fans roasted him.

He's stop attending recently; particularly after he left Monsoh
That's true  ;D ;D ;D

Manzambi94 #11 on: October 19, 2017, 21:26

  • Guest
CM PRINCE I think that Congolese artist will go to Grammies and all that but we need something massive like Latins had Despacito, Black American got See You Again and Asians had Gangnam Style a song that gets global beside the language and for that Congolese artist need to unite instead of always acting childish

CM PRINCE #12 on: October 20, 2017, 00:54

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
CM PRINCE I think that Congolese artist will go to Grammies and all that but we need something massive like Latins had Despacito, Black American got See You Again and Asians had Gangnam Style a song that gets global beside the language and for that Congolese artist need to unite instead of always acting childish
Yeah I actually agree with you 100%