Author Topic: the worst generic in your opinion  (Read 8595 times)

Mukulu on: April 07, 2020, 19:22

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 621
  • Karma: +0/-3
    • View Profile

Manzambi94 #1 on: April 07, 2020, 19:25

  • Guest
For me :










I disagree. Primus generique and Satellite were solid generique, Bercy generique is disappointed, he probably doesn't have a good hear

Mfumu Vata #2 on: April 07, 2020, 19:32

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6905
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile
I liked Changement de Frequence and Bazonkion made people dance (the last days of Wemba's succes). I also used to like Satelite+2

For me the worst generica are Kaka Yo of Papa Wemba (there wasn't a cohesion of the way Wemba was doing mabanga with the animations and the transitions of the sebene), followed by Bendele of Koffi Olomide (I didn't get the first two minutes, it sounded really chaotic).




BercysFinest98 #3 on: April 07, 2020, 19:42

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 839
  • Karma: +3/-1
    • View Profile
I liked Changement de Frequence and Bazonkion made people dance (the last days of Wemba's succes). I also used to like Satelite+2

For me the worst generica are Kaka Yo of Papa Wemba (there wasn't a cohesion of the way Wemba was doing mabanga with the animations and the transitions of the sebene), followed by Bendele of Koffi Olomide (I didn't get the first two minutes, it sounded really chaotic).





I want everyone to take one shot of alcohol for the fact that @Mfumu Vata mentioned Bendele! Because honestly, there was no direction for that Générique at all! When I first got the album, I was expecting BLA BLA BLA to be in the first track at least!

Matebu #4 on: April 07, 2020, 19:53

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6128
  • Karma: +30/-7
    • View Profile
Kiekie, first thing on my mind was Bendele. What a sh*tshhow of noise

SLK97 #5 on: April 07, 2020, 20:15

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 921
  • Karma: +2/-3
    • View Profile
I liked Changement de Frequence and Bazonkion made people dance (the last days of Wemba's succes). I also used to like Satelite+2

For me the worst generica are Kaka Yo of Papa Wemba (there wasn't a cohesion of the way Wemba was doing mabanga with the animations and the transitions of the sebene), followed by Bendele of Koffi Olomide (I didn't get the first two minutes, it sounded really chaotic).





I want everyone to take one shot of alcohol for the fact that @Mfumu Vata mentioned Bendele! Because honestly, there was no direction for that Générique at all! When I first got the album, I was expecting BLA BLA BLA to be in the first track at least!

Honestly, Koffi putting Bendele as the last track on the album shows how much confidence he had in that particular song.

Manzambi94 #6 on: April 07, 2020, 20:19

  • Guest
To me the worst generique I have ever heard is Mutshi whatever it is called



And majority of Ferre's generique









I think Ferre just needs to do generique on his own or make traditional songs for example Tshiluba is an outstanding song, and the feat with Caludji was so fire






Mukulu #7 on: April 07, 2020, 20:23

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 621
  • Karma: +0/-3
    • View Profile
Changement de fréquence disappointed me so much at the time, it was the Skol Vs Primus war.  Jb had just released Bongolowayi and Wazekwa had just released Primus ngwassa especially since we had just had Tindika Lokito and alerte générale.  it is not for nothing that werra did sous sol very quickly.


in concert, bazonkion had a bright future especially after nkila mogrosso ... but papa wemba's dedications were very noisy ... already in somo trop, i find that he spoiled the work with his "FLEURY MEROGIIIIS" and others.  I forgot Bendele!  especially that bla bla bla made the buzz, I remember on msn, everyone had this song ... la chicote and Skol Mandradamada were horrible, he had tried to copy DJ ZEMBE etc.



BercysFinest98 #8 on: April 07, 2020, 20:24

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 839
  • Karma: +3/-1
    • View Profile
I wasn't a fan of Papa Wemba's very last Générique "Araignée" I didn't get a good vibe from it. It just didn't sound like "Papa Wemba" to me

BercysFinest98 #9 on: April 07, 2020, 20:25

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 839
  • Karma: +3/-1
    • View Profile
Changement de fréquence disappointed me so much at the time, it was the Skol Vs Primus war.  Jb had just released Bongolowayi and Wazekwa had just released Primus ngwassa especially since we had just had Tindika Lokito and alerte générale.  it is not for nothing that werra did sous sol very quickly.


in concert, bazonkion had a bright future especially after nkila mogrosso ... but papa wemba's dedications were very noisy ... already in somo trop, i find that he spoiled the work with his "FLEURY MEROGIIIIS" and others.  I forgot Bendele!  especially that bla bla bla made the buzz, I remember on msn, everyone had this song ... la chicote and Skol Mandradamada were horrible, he had tried to copy DJ ZEMBE etc.

Chicotte a papa was definitely trash...

Mukulu #10 on: April 07, 2020, 20:27

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 621
  • Karma: +0/-3
    • View Profile
To me the worst generique I have ever heard is Mutshi whatever it is called



And majority of Ferre's generique








I disagree, i liked kibombanda, kunzardo did a great work

otherwise I think it's not extraordinary these generiques, he does not take generics seriously

SLK97 #11 on: April 07, 2020, 20:29

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 921
  • Karma: +2/-3
    • View Profile


Heard it once, felt like a mess, never heard it again.



I was wondering when it would take off. Instead, this whole generique was left on autopilot.



Yes, this was a hit back in the days. Yes, they played it almost every party my parents went to. Personally, it just wasn't my taste. Just when it got going, it slowed down and I was wondering when the 'Doukou Doukou' part would end. If it would end. At least it wasn't as big a mess as Mandramada.

Mukulu #12 on: April 07, 2020, 20:31

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 621
  • Karma: +0/-3
    • View Profile
I wasn't a fan of Papa Wemba's very last Générique "Araignée" I didn't get a good vibe from it. It just didn't sound like "Papa Wemba" to me

papa wemba hated sebenes...he made ndombolo from fula ngenge...  he said there were two zaiko ... the zaiko of his days and zaiko mamé mamé (ngwasuma sur ngwasuma), when ndombolo came out, he said that he would never dance this dance, it's for the monkeys ????????????

Mfumu Vata #13 on: April 07, 2020, 20:34

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6905
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile
Changement de fréquence disappointed me so much at the time, it was the Skol Vs Primus war.  Jb had just released Bongolowayi and Wazekwa had just released Primus ngwassa especially since we had just had Tindika Lokito and alerte générale.  it is not for nothing that werra did sous sol very quickly.


in concert, bazonkion had a bright future especially after nkila mogrosso ... but papa wemba's dedications were very noisy ... already in somo trop, i find that he spoiled the work with his "FLEURY MEROGIIIIS" and others.  I forgot Bendele!  especially that bla bla bla made the buzz, I remember on msn, everyone had this song ... la chicote and Skol Mandradamada were horrible, he had tried to copy DJ ZEMBE etc.

Sous Soul came in December 2006 and Changement de Frequence came in August 2005. Werrason released Sous Soul because Bralima wanted a generique dedicated to them for christmas and new year, it had nothing to do with Changement de Frequence. Changement de Frequence was released in the same period like Bongolowayi of JB. Primus Ngwassa of Wazkewa was in 2004.

Werrason didn't want WMM to use all their energy in Changement de Frequence, because they were still working on Temoignage. That's why he used to call "Changement de Frequence" photo sans flash. In the same generique he said (ezalaki nango mise en  scene) to refer to it.

BercysFinest98 #14 on: April 07, 2020, 20:34

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 839
  • Karma: +3/-1
    • View Profile
I wasn't a fan of Papa Wemba's very last Générique "Araignée" I didn't get a good vibe from it. It just didn't sound like "Papa Wemba" to me

papa wemba hated sebenes...he made ndombolo from fula ngenge...  he said there were two zaiko ... the zaiko of his days and zaiko mamé mamé (ngwasuma sur ngwasuma), when ndombolo came out, he said that he would never dance this dance, it's for the monkeys ????????????

I'd say that the top Ndombolo songs from him were, Fula Ngenge, Kolo Histoire and Somo Trop!