Author Topic: MY LIST OF THE WORST SINGERS  (Read 7165 times)

NEWSIDE96 on: February 18, 2016, 23:07

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1054
  • Karma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Depitcho Savanet (handsome guy, clean and presentable but his voice is just shocking I'm sorry I can't defend him not for me).
Jordan Kusa (another one great danser, good charismatic skills and a nice guy but then again he can't sing sorry).
JDL (another great guy, loyal to BCBG but then again he can't sing no just no).
Cappucino LBG (has everything like Savanet but he can't sing even though his intellectual, handsome, fantastic dancer, presentable. and all the singing just kills him in my opinion).
Chou Lay (again everything but the singing).
One singer from Viva Nouvelle Ecrita forgot his name horrible singer had a vocal on Paradoxe awful.

Honorable Mentions:
Adolphe Dominguez (I love this guy so I won't put he on my list but his worst day he can't sing at all but when he really wants to sing he'll do a fantastic job listen to his La Verite, him on that form a very very good singer so he isn't on my list)
Fabregas Metis Noir (This man right here is top top top singer especially in 2nd voice I know he can do it very very well and his done it once with deplik he sounded so good but when he goes off with his weird style I can't handle him in any way)
Werrason (same with Adolphe on his day so impressive but on a bad not even worthy of being a singer)

Jdog #1 on: February 19, 2016, 00:35

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8842
  • Karma: +15/-11
    • View Profile
Fabregas is much better when e sings normally. Mao of Ferre's group makes too much noise but when he sings calmly he's good.Jordan Kusa and Cap LBG are not bad singers. And Adolphe should be on the list same with Nicodem.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 00:36 by Jdog »
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:23

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6134
  • Karma: +30/-7
    • View Profile
Solid critical analysis. I think we're all fans of Adolphe to certain degree, but I think its predominantly because of his charisma, humor, and good heartiness. I've always been on the fence about his singing yet some of my favorite Wenge songs (La Verite, La Vie, etc.) are his songs.

As much as I like his work, I'd also (reluctantly) include Le Karmapa. He is an excellent composer, knows how to utilize his talented musicians, and has released some of the best generiques over the past decade, but his solo singing is just very mediocre. He's a decent 2éme voix, however.

Roga Roga - Top-notch guitarist and composer, but way too much monotony in his average singing abilities. On top of that most of his ballads/rhumbas sound the same.

Going back to the early 90s, a lot of the singers who capitalized on soukous were terrible singers, hence they went into obscurity when the genre declined.

The absolute worst singer I've heard, a name you may not recognize, is Bodi Mabiala. I believe he was a wealthy chap who decided to release an album feat good vocalists. It's offensively bad singing  :o ;D



Another mention (dis) honorable mention is Le Duc Herode (Golden Tcha-Tcho), who had an all-star orchestra and guest vocalists for his album, but they couldn't save his terrible singing. 


« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:55 by Matebu5 »

CM PRINCE #3 on: February 19, 2016, 15:20

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7891
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
I Thought adolphe sang really bad here

Congomusiclover001 #4 on: February 19, 2016, 15:34

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 574
  • Karma: +3/-0
    • View Profile
I think the reason people like Adolphe and Cappucino don't sound like good singers is because they have that "Voix Grave". Not been a tenor singer always makes you sound as if you can't sing even if the composition is a good one.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #5 on: February 19, 2016, 16:15

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6969
  • Karma: +9/-3
    • View Profile
Talking of bad singing, I don't know what Werrason smoked or drunk before messing up this beautiful song and why Defao allowed him to do it I don't know. ;D ;D ;D
LE BIG BOSS

Matebu #6 on: February 19, 2016, 21:34

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6134
  • Karma: +30/-7
    • View Profile
^ Hehe, I think Defao let it pass cause he's a nice guy. Defao typically chooses great vocalists for featurings. It's even funnier when you listen to it back to-back with Defao's version. Absolutely zero singing effort on Wera's part, just embarrassing.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #7 on: February 20, 2016, 10:23

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6969
  • Karma: +9/-3
    • View Profile
^ Hehe, I think Defao let it pass cause he's a nice guy. Defao typically chooses great vocalists for featurings. It's even funnier when you listen to it back to-back with Defao's version. Absolutely zero singing effort on Wera's part, just embarrassing.
;D ;D ;D Indeed, the original song is fantastic, Werra must have been so high!!
LE BIG BOSS

Ken Bilele #8 on: February 20, 2016, 15:35

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1557
  • Karma: +9/-1
    • View Profile
I didn't see Marie Paul in there. Its painful to watch him sing live.