Author Topic: This Zaiko generique was fire  (Read 6370 times)

Mfumu Vata on: May 28, 2020, 17:07

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6920
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile

CM PRINCE #1 on: May 28, 2020, 18:31

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
Eza Nga wasn't bad but I preferred Proverbs (clip version) I thought it was much better.

Drumstar98 #2 on: May 28, 2020, 19:58

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1009
  • Karma: +2/-1
    • View Profile


This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: May 28, 2020, 20:49

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6920
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile
Eza Nga wasn't bad but I preferred Proverbs (clip version) I thought it was much better.


This generic was also good with Daniel 6000 (I hope that he's getting well now).  But back in the days he wasn't really liking it because of the way they insulted Koffi (Antoine missisa).


Mfumu Vata #4 on: May 28, 2020, 20:54

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6920
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile


This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.

I don't know any song of that album. Only the generique, Delestage of Papy Cocaine (the remix version of it in Empreinte is better) and Ngoma of atalaku Bidjana (Nyoka is a big thief, he credited the song on his name). Because I used to hear the 3 tracks often on the radio. I had that cd at home, but I listened only 3 times in my whole life.

Yes, that team was not good. Most guys didn't even know the songs of Zaiko (I remember Nyoka Longo complaining a few times in interview and press conferences about it in his last years living in Brussels when they were stuck there). Most even wanted to join Zaiko, they just joined it to see Europe and other because they couldn't make it in big bands and some seeing no future in their band (Delta Force).

Wenge1995 #5 on: May 28, 2020, 20:58

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2500
  • Karma: +6/-5
    • View Profile


This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.

I don't know any song of that album. Only the generique, Delestage of Papy Cocaine (the remix version of it in Empreinte is better) and Ngoma of atalaku Bidjana (Nyoka is a big thief, he credited the song on his name). Because I used to hear the 3 tracks often on the radio. I had that cd at home, but I listened only 3 times in my whole life.

Yes, that team was not good. Most guys didn't even know the songs of Zaiko (I remember Nyoka Longo complaining a few times in interview and press conferences about it in his last years living in Brussels when they were stuck there). Most even wanted to join Zaiko, they just joined it to see Europe and other because they couldn't make it in big bands and some seeing no future in their band (Delta Force).

Bruh, Bidjana was so limited creatively. He kept doing the same cries for every single album, I'm surprised he lasted so long.



Whatever happened to Papy Cocaine? He was so good, but disappeared.

Drumstar98 #6 on: May 28, 2020, 20:59

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1009
  • Karma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I remember they've ruined Nono Monzuluku's song Ngolu, I liked the Nous Y Sommes/Poison team way better (Deo, Willy Bula and Lassa) not forgetting the other teams like the Nippon Banzai team and Avis De Recherche team.

Drumstar98 #7 on: May 28, 2020, 21:00

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1009
  • Karma: +2/-1
    • View Profile


This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.

I don't know any song of that album. Only the generique, Delestage of Papy Cocaine (the remix version of it in Empreinte is better) and Ngoma of atalaku Bidjana (Nyoka is a big thief, he credited the song on his name). Because I used to hear the 3 tracks often on the radio. I had that cd at home, but I listened only 3 times in my whole life.

Yes, that team was not good. Most guys didn't even know the songs of Zaiko (I remember Nyoka Longo complaining a few times in interview and press conferences about it in his last years living in Brussels when they were stuck there). Most even wanted to join Zaiko, they just joined it to see Europe and other because they couldn't make it in big bands and some seeing no future in their band (Delta Force).

Bruh, Bidjana was so limited creatively. He kept doing the same cries for every single album, I'm surprised he lasted so long.



Whatever happened to Papy Cocaine? He was so good, but disappeared.

Papy Cocaine became a Frere en Christ.

CM PRINCE #8 on: May 28, 2020, 21:07

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile


This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.

I don't know any song of that album. Only the generique, Delestage of Papy Cocaine (the remix version of it in Empreinte is better) and Ngoma of atalaku Bidjana (Nyoka is a big thief, he credited the song on his name). Because I used to hear the 3 tracks often on the radio. I had that cd at home, but I listened only 3 times in my whole life.

Yes, that team was not good. Most guys didn't even know the songs of Zaiko (I remember Nyoka Longo complaining a few times in interview and press conferences about it in his last years living in Brussels when they were stuck there). Most even wanted to join Zaiko, they just joined it to see Europe and other because they couldn't make it in big bands and some seeing no future in their band (Delta Force).
Yeah that team was incredibly weak they were no match for other teams of other bands. The previous teams were much better, and their zenith was not good either. I only know the song Revolution by Adamo Ekula.

CM PRINCE #9 on: May 28, 2020, 21:09

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
I remember they've ruined Nono Monzuluku's song Ngolu, I liked the Nous Y Sommes/Poison team way better (Deo, Willy Bula and Lassa) not forgetting the other teams like the Nippon Banzai team and Avis De Recherche team.
You are so correct, even though Zaiko should’ve gone to Zenith much earlier when they were at their peak, they still could’ve gone in 1999 with the Nous Y Sommes/ Poison team, especially to prove Koffi a point.

Drumstar98 #10 on: May 28, 2020, 21:09

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1009
  • Karma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
The Zenith concert showed a lack of motivation.

Mfumu Vata #11 on: May 28, 2020, 21:10

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6920
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile
I was really suprised when he became a brother in Christ. I remember when he went to Kinshasa, back in 2012 or 2013 wanting to rejoin Zaiko, having already made some interviews (also one with Gabanna Basele). But Nyoka Longo keeping ignoring him during the rehearsels (still mad about the thing Papy did in 2009). He staying in Kinshasa like 9 months and his wife in Brussels crying. Then he returned to Europe and he said to me that Zaiko is nothing and that they are finished, while back in those days nobody was performing more then Zaiko in Kinshasa (hahahaha he was really angry for the way Nyoka Longo refused to take him back). Not long after that he teamed up with JF Ifonge and made 2 videos. After that I met him along with Wabanko and Joly Mukuna (brother of Riva Menga) during the mourning of family-member in Belgium and he said that he wouldn't do videos anymore with JF Ifonge and that the story of scarificing 48 people was fake.

Drumstar98 #12 on: May 28, 2020, 21:11

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1009
  • Karma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I remember they've ruined Nono Monzuluku's song Ngolu, I liked the Nous Y Sommes/Poison team way better (Deo, Willy Bula and Lassa) not forgetting the other teams like the Nippon Banzai team and Avis De Recherche team.
You are so correct, even though Zaiko should’ve gone to Zenith much earlier when they were at their peak, they still could’ve gone in 1999 with the Nous Y Sommes/ Poison team, especially to prove Koffi a point.

Exactly both albums proved that they had potential and really strong, you got Deo who came from Anti Choc, Willy Bula from Quartier Latin and Lassa who came from Choc Stars what was to miss out?

Mfumu Vata #13 on: May 28, 2020, 21:40

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6920
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile
I remember they've ruined Nono Monzuluku's song Ngolu, I liked the Nous Y Sommes/Poison team way better (Deo, Willy Bula and Lassa) not forgetting the other teams like the Nippon Banzai team and Avis De Recherche team.
You are so correct, even though Zaiko should’ve gone to Zenith much earlier when they were at their peak, they still could’ve gone in 1999 with the Nous Y Sommes/ Poison team, especially to prove Koffi a point.

Back in the 90s you couldn't get easily contracts for Zenith de Paris (which was seen as a grand libulu), it was very mythic and reserved for artists who were n1. So couldn't counter Koffi easily and they didn't knew those secrets/strategy yet of booking those halls for a cheap price.
LSC, Le Bataclan & La Madeleine were the limit for all Congolese bands. Back in 1999, Zaiko was a little bit down and couldn't get visa's, so it wouldn't be logic to book for them Zenith in 1999. Now it would have been easy and seen as normal. Back didn't also had alot of Congolese people in Europe like now. You had then to mobilize the whole Congolese community of Europe (those living in Brussels, London, Paris, Switserland, Germany, Holland and Italy) through fanclubs and them having meeting in Tottenham at Schengen Place, La Reference of Shaguy Sharufa in Brussels, Type K of Jose Kongolo "Kolo Mibeko", Nganda Titanic,etc. and them making t-shirts, posters, etc. If you look Wemba's Zenith of 1999, you will see alot of people having Wemba's face printed on papers. But the Zenith's of Ferre, Fally and Werra in 2010 hadn't that mobilization.

Koffi was the first to break that barrier (11 years after Abeti Masikini) and giving a sold out concert, even if it was a concert ya promotion organised by Constant Lomata, performing in the night after Haitian artist Comba Tabou). It motivated French concert promoters to organise a concert for Papa Wemba (back at that time he was seen as a big artist by white people) to celebrate his 30th music-career. Then Simon Ndjonang who had already since 1997 the contract of Zenith de Paris for Wenge 4x4 in his pocket brought JB Mpiana to Zenith. Then when it got known how Koffi's Olympia and Zenith were organised (very different from the one of big artists, without sponsoring and promo, which is also why they doesn't get a huge amount of money), many concert promoters started to bring Congolese artists to Olympia, Zenith and later on also Bercy. With the first being Werrason at Olympia (but that concert getting cancelled and replaced by Palais des Sports), then JB at Olympia, Wemba at Zenith (to correct his first Zenith show and do a full Nouvelle Ecriture concert to please his fans) & Olympia, etc.


Mfumu Vata #14 on: May 28, 2020, 22:01

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6920
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile


This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.

I don't know any song of that album. Only the generique, Delestage of Papy Cocaine (the remix version of it in Empreinte is better) and Ngoma of atalaku Bidjana (Nyoka is a big thief, he credited the song on his name). Because I used to hear the 3 tracks often on the radio. I had that cd at home, but I listened only 3 times in my whole life.

Yes, that team was not good. Most guys didn't even know the songs of Zaiko (I remember Nyoka Longo complaining a few times in interview and press conferences about it in his last years living in Brussels when they were stuck there). Most even wanted to join Zaiko, they just joined it to see Europe and other because they couldn't make it in big bands and some seeing no future in their band (Delta Force).

Bruh, Bidjana was so limited creatively. He kept doing the same cries for every single album, I'm surprised he lasted so long.



Whatever happened to Papy Cocaine? He was so good, but disappeared.

Bidjana only animated on 2 albums (Feeling and Eureka) and hadn't alot of space because they had like 4 atalaku's and he wasn't the main atalaku. He had only alot space in concerts, where Nono and Doudou was animating less and Papy Cocaine alot along Bidjana.

Bidjana animated on Empreinte, getting some space on the 20 minutes generique which was made to animate all cries of Zaiko since 1988 to 2003. So its normal that he animated the cries he in the previous album.

Before Zaiko he used to be in Do Akongo's band after having spent a little time in QL where he animated along with CNN, but being immediatly fired by Koffi for not having black clothes when performing at Cinemax (You can see him dancing in the Sur La Route de Bercy-VHS, when performing Rond Point at Hotel Intercontinental). Bidjana joined Quartier Latin, after missing the Zenith-trip JB Mpiana because of ilness (Gentamicine cursed him to be sure of his place, he didn't have to do it. Because the whole band was a fan of him and monsieur Simon said that he would bring him to Paris even if JB would leave him behind in Kinshasa. Bidjana got sick after rehearsing with him and letting animate a text on paper which came from Genta's witchdoctor, thinking that it was normal cri and not knowing about that. Then when he came back at home he became very sick). Bidjana was recruited to replace Ekokota and respond he cri's of Caludji.



You hear animate him here (from 7:22 min). He would do that cri in Feeling of Zaiko.



here he was on stage with Genta (having a red t-shirt and a shaker in his hand) on the second last concert of BCBG in Kinshasa before Zenith. from 2:04 min (Genta would animate some of his cri in Ya Pas Match and Internet).



from 12:09 min (explaining how Genta cursed him in the toilet)