Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 28, 2020, 20:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 28, 2020, 20:54Quote from: Drumstar98 on May 28, 2020, 19:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 28, 2020, 17:07This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.I don't know any song of that album. Only the generique, Delestage of Papy Cocaine (the remix version of it in Empreinte is better) and Ngoma of atalaku Bidjana (Nyoka is a big thief, he credited the song on his name). Because I used to hear the 3 tracks often on the radio. I had that cd at home, but I listened only 3 times in my whole life. Yes, that team was not good. Most guys didn't even know the songs of Zaiko (I remember Nyoka Longo complaining a few times in interview and press conferences about it in his last years living in Brussels when they were stuck there). Most even wanted to join Zaiko, they just joined it to see Europe and other because they couldn't make it in big bands and some seeing no future in their band (Delta Force).Bruh, Bidjana was so limited creatively. He kept doing the same cries for every single album, I'm surprised he lasted so long. Whatever happened to Papy Cocaine? He was so good, but disappeared.Bidjana only animated on 2 albums (Feeling and Eureka) and hadn't alot of space because they had like 4 atalaku's and he wasn't the main atalaku. He had only alot space in concerts, where Nono and Doudou was animating less and Papy Cocaine alot along Bidjana. Bidjana animated on Empreinte, getting some space on the 20 minutes generique which was made to animate all cries of Zaiko since 1988 to 2003. So its normal that he animated the cries he in the previous album. Before Zaiko he used to be in Do Akongo's band after having spent a little time in QL where he animated along with CNN, but being immediatly fired by Koffi for not having black clothes when performing at Cinemax (You can see him dancing in the Sur La Route de Bercy-VHS, when performing Rond Point at Hotel Intercontinental). Bidjana joined Quartier Latin, after missing the Zenith-trip JB Mpiana because of ilness (Gentamicine cursed him to be sure of his place, he didn't have to do it. Because the whole band was a fan of him and monsieur Simon said that he would bring him to Paris even if JB would leave him behind in Kinshasa. Bidjana got sick after rehearsing with him and letting animate a text on paper which came from Genta's witchdoctor, thinking that it was normal cri and not knowing about that. Then when he came back at home he became very sick). Bidjana was recruited to replace Ekokota and respond he cri's of Caludji. You hear animate him here (from 7:22 min). He would do that cri in Feeling of Zaiko. here he was on stage with Genta (having a red t-shirt and a shaker in his hand) on the second last concert of BCBG in Kinshasa before Zenith. from 2:04 min (Genta would animate some of his cri in Ya Pas Match and Internet). from 12:09 min (explaining how Genta cursed him in the toilet)
Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 28, 2020, 20:54Quote from: Drumstar98 on May 28, 2020, 19:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 28, 2020, 17:07This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.I don't know any song of that album. Only the generique, Delestage of Papy Cocaine (the remix version of it in Empreinte is better) and Ngoma of atalaku Bidjana (Nyoka is a big thief, he credited the song on his name). Because I used to hear the 3 tracks often on the radio. I had that cd at home, but I listened only 3 times in my whole life. Yes, that team was not good. Most guys didn't even know the songs of Zaiko (I remember Nyoka Longo complaining a few times in interview and press conferences about it in his last years living in Brussels when they were stuck there). Most even wanted to join Zaiko, they just joined it to see Europe and other because they couldn't make it in big bands and some seeing no future in their band (Delta Force).Bruh, Bidjana was so limited creatively. He kept doing the same cries for every single album, I'm surprised he lasted so long. Whatever happened to Papy Cocaine? He was so good, but disappeared.
Quote from: Drumstar98 on May 28, 2020, 19:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 28, 2020, 17:07This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.I don't know any song of that album. Only the generique, Delestage of Papy Cocaine (the remix version of it in Empreinte is better) and Ngoma of atalaku Bidjana (Nyoka is a big thief, he credited the song on his name). Because I used to hear the 3 tracks often on the radio. I had that cd at home, but I listened only 3 times in my whole life. Yes, that team was not good. Most guys didn't even know the songs of Zaiko (I remember Nyoka Longo complaining a few times in interview and press conferences about it in his last years living in Brussels when they were stuck there). Most even wanted to join Zaiko, they just joined it to see Europe and other because they couldn't make it in big bands and some seeing no future in their band (Delta Force).
Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 28, 2020, 17:07This album was but aah forgive me but that new team did not impress me apart from Adamo and Lassa.
Back at that time Calugi was the n1 atalaku and came with the “Ecole des Calugistes” ideology, which was that all atalaku had like him and all bands started to have duo of atalaku’s with the same voice.In Wenge BCBG they recruited Bidjana to animate like him and respond to his cri, later on Gentamicine. Koffi then tried to do the same thing with the Mboshi-CNN, then the Bidjana-CNN duo and a for a little moment Guy Moller-CNN (but Guy would quickly return back to Victoria, when Emeneya called Koffi). The trend would quickly end when Solola Bien came out and all bandleaders wanting to copy the Bill-Celeo duo.