Author Topic: I still wonder how Koffi's concert at U Arena would've been in 2020  (Read 455 times)

CM PRINCE on: August 29, 2024, 23:13

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7592
  • Karma: +20/-15
    • View Profile
He announced it before Covid if I'm not wrong and he was due to be the first African to perform there and started in august 2020 for February 2021 which would've been exactly 21 years since he performed at Bercy. With former musicians such as Willy Bula, Suzuki 4x4, CNN, Junior Kingombe, Tony Ambrosio, Apocalypse, Champion, Binda Bass, Mbetenge, Fofo, Fally also agreed to make an appearance as well as some other former musicians. but sadly the event got postponed by a year

Then Koffi once again announced another date for 2023 and the rehearsals started with Rolly Mayemba, Do Akongo, Cambodge joining the projects along with some Europe based musicians who joined the newly created Latino Fashion only for it to get cancelled again


I wonder how both shows would've been because Cindy wasn't meant to be a part of the show and then Koffi said she would be, BB Jitrois was also due to be in the list but as for the rest of the kin list its unknown if any of them were going to make the list because Koffi still calls the current generation of Quartier Latin "Generation Arena". With Latino Fashion all was going fine until most musicians ended up leaving the group especially former members of Quartier Latin due to them getting alerted by the musicians from Kin that Cindy got her Visa and would also be joining them in Europe and since the guys didn't want to become background singers they stopped answering Koffi's calls and majority of the group ended up leaving. As we know Fally ended up performing and Ferre is due to perform soon I wonder if Koffi himself still has the ambition to perform there.

Mfumu Vata #1 on: August 29, 2024, 23:40

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6479
  • Karma: +20/-3
    • View Profile
I wasn't it that Didi and Aliane were putting pressure on Koffi to not bring Cindy and in the case if she would come, that they would not talk to him ? hahahahaha
On the end I think that Cindy would still end up performing but as surprise, if the event of 2020/21 would still take place.


I remember that the ticket-sales were going well and they had already sold more than 20.000 tickets and Koffi-fans (I wonder where they all went). I don't understand why people kept claiming that the concert was cancelled because of not selling enough tickets. There are many artists that didn't sold Paris La Defense Arena out, but still performed. I think that it was just a way to tarnish Koffi's image.

I think that it would be a great concert and a sold out-show. But people saying that there were to much medleys and most songs being short, forgetting that Koffi already said in interview that he doesn't know how to perform all his hits within 2 hours. Like after every big show of a Congolese artists, rivals sending their spokemen claiming that they will correct the show and journalists coming with multiple analysis and saying that the show was bad. With a new war getting started between youtube-journalists that are against Koffi and those who defend him. Koffi during the concert having a special entrance (like he said in his interview), the entrance going viral and JF Ifonge claiming that it was satanic and making a whole video with Alimia Mongala and Alimia saying to JF, "you said that Koffi would die at U-Arena, but he is still alive".

Mfumu Vata #2 on: August 29, 2024, 23:47

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6479
  • Karma: +20/-3
    • View Profile
I still regret that Koffi didn't perform at Paris La Defense Arena. I'm sure that he would have appeared in all French tv-channel (like when he performed at Bercy), them talking about his 40+ years musical career and him being the first African to perform there. Koffi's promo-team was already working for it. But it was hard for Koffi to have normal interviews on French speaking tv-channels, because many tried to attack him about the case with the dancers.

I excepted that when Burna Boy performed there, that he would get the privilege. But it didn't happen, maybe because of him not being French-speaking or his team not working for big promo on the French speaking media, since that he's already a worldstar.




Going back to if the concert would taken place. I think that the combattants would have done a Bercy 2.0 and from than all Congolese artists being banned to perform in France, because of being afraid of the chaos the combattants are causing.


« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 23:52 by Mfumu Vata »

Franco Pepe Kalle #3 on: August 30, 2024, 00:40

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2265
  • Karma: +8/-6
    • View Profile
Hmm this is a good question. I think it would have been a soldout show as Mfumu Mvuta said. But this was also the event that JF Ifonge claimed that Koffi would have died if the concert had taken place. I found this theory ridiculous since Koffi is still alive. Unlike Papa Wemba, I doubt that Koffi would have loved to die on stage.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 00:41 by Franco Pepe Kalle »