Author Topic: I JUST LISTENED TO KOFFI’S ATTENTAT VERSION RADIO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS  (Read 42 times)

CM PRINCE on: October 08, 2026, 22:36

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7901
  • Karma: +24/-15
    • View Profile

Gosh it still pisses me off just like it did back then. I think I listened to the integral version first and then one day on a car journey my dad played the cassette version in the car because my uncle made a copy for him and when the Generique played and suddenly the music faded during the ndombolo part I was pissed 😂😂 and I had to listen to the whole album which all had the same short version with the sebene songs ending abruptly, I even thought my uncle was the one that purposely put the volume down to end the songs quickly but they explained it was the radio version.

No wonder why Koffi made sure to wipe off the Radio version from existance because it’s been hard to find and you won’t find it on streaming platforms or even resells of the cd it’s rare to find. I still don’t understand why they released a radio version

Mfumu Vata #1 on: October 08, 2026, 23:23

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6933
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile
His record label Sono decided to release a radio version because they wanted to promote his songs on French radio and TV channels ahead of his upcoming Bercy show, as the promotion for his Zénith and Olympia concerts had been community-oriented. It was also for these reason that Koffi came with songs like African Kings, Si Si Si and Chocolat, to target a larger public.

Ironically, apart from RFI and MCM Africa, which was meant for the African diaspora, there was no French TV channel promoted Koffi’s songs nor the Bercy-event. It was only during the event itself that French TV channels showed up to take some footage and airing the following day it on tv. France 2 talked shortly about Attentat version radio during the news report