Author Topic: Who do you have in your top 5 best singers of all time  (Read 6719 times)

congo-243 on: April 01, 2020, 00:05

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Ranking is not in order
1. Josky
2. Pepe Kalle
3. Carlyto Lassa
4. Madilu
5. Ferre

Matebu #1 on: April 01, 2020, 00:06

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6136
  • Karma: +31/-7
    • View Profile
Every day another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 00:25 by Matebu »

congo-243 #2 on: April 01, 2020, 00:09

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga

archos #3 on: April 01, 2020, 00:18

  • Mighty Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 23461
  • Karma: +63/-26
    • View Profile
lol i was thinking today about top 5 quartier latin bassists since in the last 20 years and a bit more quartier latin is surely the group which had the most different bassists(blanchard,augusto,pathy bass,binda,motingia,sunda,clovis,cobetox the blanchard current backup...)

Matebu #4 on: April 01, 2020, 00:26

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6136
  • Karma: +31/-7
    • View Profile
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga

I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine

congo-243 #5 on: April 01, 2020, 00:33

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga

I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective

CM PRINCE #6 on: April 01, 2020, 00:36

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga

I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective
Can I add my 2 cents?

CM PRINCE #7 on: April 01, 2020, 00:38

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
lol i was thinking today about top 5 quartier latin bassists since in the last 20 years and a bit more quartier latin is surely the group which had the most different bassists(blanchard,augusto,pathy bass,binda,motingia,sunda,clovis,cobetox the blanchard current backup...)
Tell us

congo-243 #8 on: April 01, 2020, 00:42

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga

I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective
Can I add my 2 cents?
Go ahead

Matebu #9 on: April 01, 2020, 01:11

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6136
  • Karma: +31/-7
    • View Profile
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga

I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective

Very solid list - I would add 3 more people - Djo Mpoyi RIP (the way he sings with such emotion gets me every time), Babia Chokoro (RIP)... Also King Kester Emeneya (RIP) - the way he perfectly controlled his voice live or in studio is still something I can't quite believe.

Using your list as a basis; also in no particular order. So sad that 5 of the 8 have passed; Josky is also not in good heath anymore
1. Josky
2. Pepe Kalle
3. Carlyto Lassa
4. Madilu
5. Ferre
6. Djo Mpoyi
7. Babia
8. King Kester

I know I've forgotten someone having a mental block, I know one of you guys will list names that make that remind me

Females -
1. Mbilia Bel
2. Mpongo Love
3. Abeti Masikini
4. Deesse Mukangi
5. Barbara Kanam
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:19 by Matebu »

CM PRINCE #10 on: April 01, 2020, 01:29

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
Unpopular opinion but Ferre is not in my top 5 (I think people on this forum overrate him a lot lol) I'd put Babia over Ferre personally

congo-243 #11 on: April 01, 2020, 03:02

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Unpopular opinion but Ferre is not in my top 5 (I think people on this forum overrate him a lot lol) I'd put Babia over Ferre personally
I disagree but I respect your opinion.

Kizito #12 on: April 01, 2020, 08:21

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 153
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
1. JB Mpiana
2. Ferre Gola
3. Dindo Yogo
4. Papa Wemba
5. Papy Tex

congo-243 #13 on: April 01, 2020, 16:13

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Every fay another top 5 thread, kiekie. This is a very subjective subject
This coronavirus got me making new topics every day bo limbisa sa nga

I’m joking my bro; if it’s not Corona, the boredom will kill us in 2020 with all this quarantine
Yea I figured, what do you think of my list? even though it's subjective

Very solid list - I would add 3 more people - Djo Mpoyi RIP (the way he sings with such emotion gets me every time), Babia Chokoro (RIP)... Also King Kester Emeneya (RIP) - the way he perfectly controlled his voice live or in studio is still something I can't quite believe.

Using your list as a basis; also in no particular order. So sad that 5 of the 8 have passed; Josky is also not in good heath anymore
1. Josky
2. Pepe Kalle
3. Carlyto Lassa
4. Madilu
5. Ferre
6. Djo Mpoyi
7. Babia
8. King Kester

I know I've forgotten someone having a mental block, I know one of you guys will list names that make that remind me

Females -
1. Mbilia Bel
2. Mpongo Love
3. Abeti Masikini
4. Deesse Mukangi
5. Barbara Kanam
I appreciate your knowledge brother. I'm having a discussion with my family members a lot of em think Evoloko is the greatest.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 16:40 by congo-243 »

Mfumu Vata #14 on: April 01, 2020, 17:02

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6920
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile
Evoloko is a better singer in my opinion (i'm talking about fame). Its not for nothing that Wemba decided to copy his singing-style (Wemba used to sing differently in the first years of Zaiko), becoming his fan while singing in the same band. I will never forgot how he ended the song Phrase during Zenith 2000. Wemba surpassed Evoloko as singer, the moment that Evoloko wasn't taking music seriously anymore, singing often hors gamme.



from 1:29:23 min (wonderfull and Deo Sfr hitting the crash cymbal slowly).