Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 07, 2020, 00:58Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 06, 2020, 23:35Quote from: Matebu on May 06, 2020, 23:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 23:17Quote from: Manzambi94 on May 06, 2020, 22:31Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 06, 2020, 22:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 21:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 21:48You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.Interscope had to pay off Eazy and Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records in order to resolve Dr. Dre’s contract disputes and release the album. So they gave Jerry Heller and Eazy E points on Dre's album as settlement for breach of contract.Eazy E was getting 25% off everything Dr Dre put out for the next 6 years. He even got some money off Snoop Dogg's first album. Anything Dre put out for the first 6 years Eazy was getting paid off itI mean it was understandable. Eazy-E risked his life by being a drug dealer and fund the first N.W.A. projects I don't think we would have had all the N.W.A. if it wasn't for the Eazy-E's money imaterial which lead to IceCube, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, EmInEm and Kendrick Lamar, now I remember who Jerry was I saw the movie some time ago and yes he was some sneaky ass person. The only.negative of N.W.A. is that they helped to spread the word Nigga worldwide making everybody believe it was a positive word which isnotYou're being overly generous about the film. It was entertaining, but willfully misrepresented the important aspect of the group to make Ice Cube and Dre look optical than they actually were.That’s true, Dre and Ice Cube were made to look to look like they never did anything wrong. They wrote and financed the movie (I mean the guy playing Ice Cube was his son), so it’s expected. Just like the Michael Jordan 30 for 30 I’ve been watching (brilliant, but there’s many agendas)@Wenge1995 & @Matebu this is facts that movie as a biopic was BS as a movie it was good but it was a terrible biopic. They left out one of the original members Arabian Prince, they made Dre look like a superhero and left out his violence against women, left out his and Eazy E's beef, made Eazy look softer than he actually was in real life and portrayed Eazy as broke when in reality he was the richest in hip hop when he died.I might have to do a thread on the main facts Straight Outta Compton either left out or unfairly changed, yall be down for that? Let me knowI don't think it'll interest much people but if you wanna do it I can do it with you
Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 06, 2020, 23:35Quote from: Matebu on May 06, 2020, 23:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 23:17Quote from: Manzambi94 on May 06, 2020, 22:31Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 06, 2020, 22:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 21:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 21:48You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.Interscope had to pay off Eazy and Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records in order to resolve Dr. Dre’s contract disputes and release the album. So they gave Jerry Heller and Eazy E points on Dre's album as settlement for breach of contract.Eazy E was getting 25% off everything Dr Dre put out for the next 6 years. He even got some money off Snoop Dogg's first album. Anything Dre put out for the first 6 years Eazy was getting paid off itI mean it was understandable. Eazy-E risked his life by being a drug dealer and fund the first N.W.A. projects I don't think we would have had all the N.W.A. if it wasn't for the Eazy-E's money imaterial which lead to IceCube, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, EmInEm and Kendrick Lamar, now I remember who Jerry was I saw the movie some time ago and yes he was some sneaky ass person. The only.negative of N.W.A. is that they helped to spread the word Nigga worldwide making everybody believe it was a positive word which isnotYou're being overly generous about the film. It was entertaining, but willfully misrepresented the important aspect of the group to make Ice Cube and Dre look optical than they actually were.That’s true, Dre and Ice Cube were made to look to look like they never did anything wrong. They wrote and financed the movie (I mean the guy playing Ice Cube was his son), so it’s expected. Just like the Michael Jordan 30 for 30 I’ve been watching (brilliant, but there’s many agendas)@Wenge1995 & @Matebu this is facts that movie as a biopic was BS as a movie it was good but it was a terrible biopic. They left out one of the original members Arabian Prince, they made Dre look like a superhero and left out his violence against women, left out his and Eazy E's beef, made Eazy look softer than he actually was in real life and portrayed Eazy as broke when in reality he was the richest in hip hop when he died.I might have to do a thread on the main facts Straight Outta Compton either left out or unfairly changed, yall be down for that? Let me know
Quote from: Matebu on May 06, 2020, 23:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 23:17Quote from: Manzambi94 on May 06, 2020, 22:31Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 06, 2020, 22:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 21:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 21:48You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.Interscope had to pay off Eazy and Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records in order to resolve Dr. Dre’s contract disputes and release the album. So they gave Jerry Heller and Eazy E points on Dre's album as settlement for breach of contract.Eazy E was getting 25% off everything Dr Dre put out for the next 6 years. He even got some money off Snoop Dogg's first album. Anything Dre put out for the first 6 years Eazy was getting paid off itI mean it was understandable. Eazy-E risked his life by being a drug dealer and fund the first N.W.A. projects I don't think we would have had all the N.W.A. if it wasn't for the Eazy-E's money imaterial which lead to IceCube, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, EmInEm and Kendrick Lamar, now I remember who Jerry was I saw the movie some time ago and yes he was some sneaky ass person. The only.negative of N.W.A. is that they helped to spread the word Nigga worldwide making everybody believe it was a positive word which isnotYou're being overly generous about the film. It was entertaining, but willfully misrepresented the important aspect of the group to make Ice Cube and Dre look optical than they actually were.That’s true, Dre and Ice Cube were made to look to look like they never did anything wrong. They wrote and financed the movie (I mean the guy playing Ice Cube was his son), so it’s expected. Just like the Michael Jordan 30 for 30 I’ve been watching (brilliant, but there’s many agendas)@Wenge1995 & @Matebu this is facts that movie as a biopic was BS as a movie it was good but it was a terrible biopic. They left out one of the original members Arabian Prince, they made Dre look like a superhero and left out his violence against women, left out his and Eazy E's beef, made Eazy look softer than he actually was in real life and portrayed Eazy as broke when in reality he was the richest in hip hop when he died.
Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 23:17Quote from: Manzambi94 on May 06, 2020, 22:31Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 06, 2020, 22:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 21:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 21:48You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.Interscope had to pay off Eazy and Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records in order to resolve Dr. Dre’s contract disputes and release the album. So they gave Jerry Heller and Eazy E points on Dre's album as settlement for breach of contract.Eazy E was getting 25% off everything Dr Dre put out for the next 6 years. He even got some money off Snoop Dogg's first album. Anything Dre put out for the first 6 years Eazy was getting paid off itI mean it was understandable. Eazy-E risked his life by being a drug dealer and fund the first N.W.A. projects I don't think we would have had all the N.W.A. if it wasn't for the Eazy-E's money imaterial which lead to IceCube, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, EmInEm and Kendrick Lamar, now I remember who Jerry was I saw the movie some time ago and yes he was some sneaky ass person. The only.negative of N.W.A. is that they helped to spread the word Nigga worldwide making everybody believe it was a positive word which isnotYou're being overly generous about the film. It was entertaining, but willfully misrepresented the important aspect of the group to make Ice Cube and Dre look optical than they actually were.That’s true, Dre and Ice Cube were made to look to look like they never did anything wrong. They wrote and financed the movie (I mean the guy playing Ice Cube was his son), so it’s expected. Just like the Michael Jordan 30 for 30 I’ve been watching (brilliant, but there’s many agendas)
Quote from: Manzambi94 on May 06, 2020, 22:31Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 06, 2020, 22:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 21:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 21:48You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.Interscope had to pay off Eazy and Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records in order to resolve Dr. Dre’s contract disputes and release the album. So they gave Jerry Heller and Eazy E points on Dre's album as settlement for breach of contract.Eazy E was getting 25% off everything Dr Dre put out for the next 6 years. He even got some money off Snoop Dogg's first album. Anything Dre put out for the first 6 years Eazy was getting paid off itI mean it was understandable. Eazy-E risked his life by being a drug dealer and fund the first N.W.A. projects I don't think we would have had all the N.W.A. if it wasn't for the Eazy-E's money imaterial which lead to IceCube, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, EmInEm and Kendrick Lamar, now I remember who Jerry was I saw the movie some time ago and yes he was some sneaky ass person. The only.negative of N.W.A. is that they helped to spread the word Nigga worldwide making everybody believe it was a positive word which isnotYou're being overly generous about the film. It was entertaining, but willfully misrepresented the important aspect of the group to make Ice Cube and Dre look optical than they actually were.
Quote from: CM PRINCE on May 06, 2020, 22:27Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 21:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 21:48You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.Interscope had to pay off Eazy and Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records in order to resolve Dr. Dre’s contract disputes and release the album. So they gave Jerry Heller and Eazy E points on Dre's album as settlement for breach of contract.Eazy E was getting 25% off everything Dr Dre put out for the next 6 years. He even got some money off Snoop Dogg's first album. Anything Dre put out for the first 6 years Eazy was getting paid off itI mean it was understandable. Eazy-E risked his life by being a drug dealer and fund the first N.W.A. projects I don't think we would have had all the N.W.A. if it wasn't for the Eazy-E's money imaterial which lead to IceCube, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, EmInEm and Kendrick Lamar, now I remember who Jerry was I saw the movie some time ago and yes he was some sneaky ass person. The only.negative of N.W.A. is that they helped to spread the word Nigga worldwide making everybody believe it was a positive word which isnot
Quote from: Wenge1995 on May 06, 2020, 21:58Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 21:48You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.Interscope had to pay off Eazy and Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records in order to resolve Dr. Dre’s contract disputes and release the album. So they gave Jerry Heller and Eazy E points on Dre's album as settlement for breach of contract.Eazy E was getting 25% off everything Dr Dre put out for the next 6 years. He even got some money off Snoop Dogg's first album. Anything Dre put out for the first 6 years Eazy was getting paid off it
Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 21:48You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.Interscope had to pay off Eazy and Jerry Heller’s Ruthless Records in order to resolve Dr. Dre’s contract disputes and release the album. So they gave Jerry Heller and Eazy E points on Dre's album as settlement for breach of contract.
You have some complicated rules in the music industry. I remember that Eazy E received 25% of Dr Dre royalties when he made his first album The Chronic. Btw it was Fally himself who gave David Monsoh the fully right to get royalties from album who are made outside Obouo Music after signing a slave contract. I think that Fally didn’t believe in a solo-career when recording Droit Chemin and that his main goal was to finish his album.I remember him saying in an interview he made in 2015, that he didn’t excepted to come on this level he had today.
[][/youtube]look at 04:14 , Nono Diamante is naturally mellow, she was my favorite dancer second only to Shegue.
I think that Koffi sometimes scold his dancers when recording his clips1:39 look the way Mboyo is angry and Koffi’s reaction (1:48)
Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 06, 2020, 20:36Arafat’s didn’t help Fally. Because when Arafat exposed David Monsoh, Fally already left. DJ Arafat used Fally’s problem as an example. The problems of David Monsoh & Fally started in 2011, when he officaly launched his label F-Victeam with French Kiss is first single. His first experience as executive producer openend his eyes about those albums and single sales. He then discovered that David stole alot of money from him on the Jukpa-remix with J Martins which selled alot and his album Arsenal des Belles Melodies. From then David & Fally didn’t talk anymore to each other. The conflict became worser when Fally suddenly signed a three-albums contract with Universal AZ in December 2012. David Monsoh was shocked and saw it as a betrayal since that in his vision he wanted to record with Fally and fourth and fifth album (to gain more money, since he “invested” alot in him and make his dimension bigger in the showbizz world). That’s also why Power “Kosa Leka”, who was David’s last album with Fally (they had a 3-albums contract),wasn’t properly promoted like Arsenal des Belles Melodies & Droit Chemin. If you remember well Power had normally to be a double album (Aller-Retour) with Retour being the rumba-album and Aller the world-album (having already recorded tracks with 2Face, P-Square, Cecile, etc. who are never not released.David Monsoh and Fally don’t work anymore with each other, but David still receive royalties from Fally even on his albums Control & Tokoos. Because when he signed with David during Droit Chemin, he signed that David Monsoh would get a percentage of all his albums even he isn’t signed to him anymore.David Monsoh owns Fally Ipupa's master recordings of Droit Chemin, ABM, and Power through Obouo Productions. If you look at the booklet for each album, it will show his production company owns the copyrights.However, the royalties for Control and Tokoos seems unethical. What right does he have to those albums if he isn't involved in them at all? I'm surprised Fally hasn't brought a lawsuit against him. Any contract lawyer worth his degree could win Fally his freedom and perhaps the income given to Monsoh for those albums.Fally could always rerecord all his albums to secure back his master recordings. Taylor Swift is doing that right now with her old albums, since her label won't sell her back her rights.
Arafat’s didn’t help Fally. Because when Arafat exposed David Monsoh, Fally already left. DJ Arafat used Fally’s problem as an example. The problems of David Monsoh & Fally started in 2011, when he officaly launched his label F-Victeam with French Kiss is first single. His first experience as executive producer openend his eyes about those albums and single sales. He then discovered that David stole alot of money from him on the Jukpa-remix with J Martins which selled alot and his album Arsenal des Belles Melodies. From then David & Fally didn’t talk anymore to each other. The conflict became worser when Fally suddenly signed a three-albums contract with Universal AZ in December 2012. David Monsoh was shocked and saw it as a betrayal since that in his vision he wanted to record with Fally and fourth and fifth album (to gain more money, since he “invested” alot in him and make his dimension bigger in the showbizz world). That’s also why Power “Kosa Leka”, who was David’s last album with Fally (they had a 3-albums contract),wasn’t properly promoted like Arsenal des Belles Melodies & Droit Chemin. If you remember well Power had normally to be a double album (Aller-Retour) with Retour being the rumba-album and Aller the world-album (having already recorded tracks with 2Face, P-Square, Cecile, etc. who are never not released.David Monsoh and Fally don’t work anymore with each other, but David still receive royalties from Fally even on his albums Control & Tokoos. Because when he signed with David during Droit Chemin, he signed that David Monsoh would get a percentage of all his albums even he isn’t signed to him anymore.
Quote from: Mfumu Vata on May 07, 2020, 02:37I think that Koffi sometimes scold his dancers when recording his clips1:39 look the way Mboyo is angry and Koffi’s reaction (1:48)Mboyo was the most beautiful in this era. I really liked her. RIP. Koffi is definitely a weirdo, so you never know what he did to piss her off.
00:08 min -00:11 minLook how she's standing sad in corner, while the other dancers are surrounding Koffi and laughing.It looks like they are laughing about the way the musicians of Quartier Latin were praising Koffi as a king. Look how hard Mireille (RIP) is laughing. Champion, Sam, Do Akongo, Bouro and co were really ridiculised. I wonder if they would do the same thing today, if Koffi would call them do record a new videoclip.
Apocalyps wanted to return to Kinshasa, but he changed his mind when those guys in Paris explained him the stories of Mboshi and other musicians.
Another thing that killed me in Brigade’s interview, was the way Koffi ordered Mboshi to put dreadlocks, to made the public think that he’s Brigade if he comes in stage. (The moment that he left Brigade behind in Kinshasa in the WMM-era).