Author Topic: Was Danger De Mort a flop ?  (Read 10194 times)

congo-243 on: May 27, 2020, 18:33

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
I think it's Quartier Latin's weakest album to date.

Manzambi94 #1 on: May 27, 2020, 18:45

  • Guest
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks

SLK97 #2 on: May 27, 2020, 18:57

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 921
  • Karma: +2/-3
    • View Profile
It wasn't exactly a flop per se. It may pale in comparison to preceding albums and it was probably overshadowed by Droit Chemin, but there are still some songs that I dig (Pharmacien, Insecticide, Ba Lobiens). We shouldn't treat it as QL's weakest album, but rather as the final page of one of the greatest chapters of Congolese music. Listen to Moundongou and tell me you don't think it sounds like the end of an era.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: May 27, 2020, 18:58

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6920
  • Karma: +21/-3
    • View Profile
Lol, looks like we talk every 5 months about this album in this forum

CM PRINCE #4 on: May 27, 2020, 19:03

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7893
  • Karma: +23/-15
    • View Profile
Lol, looks like we talk every 5 months about this album in this forum
Lol true

Matebu #5 on: May 27, 2020, 19:38

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6136
  • Karma: +31/-7
    • View Profile
Lol, looks like we talk every 5 months about this album in this forum
Lol true

Rond Point Victoire; sometimes we forget we already discussed a topic at length

BercysFinest98 #6 on: May 27, 2020, 19:42

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 839
  • Karma: +3/-1
    • View Profile
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
I agree but if I talk...

congo-243 #7 on: May 27, 2020, 19:43

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 19:45 by congo-243 »

congo-243 #8 on: May 27, 2020, 19:46

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
It wasn't exactly a flop per se. It may pale in comparison to preceding albums and it was probably overshadowed by Droit Chemin, but there are still some songs that I dig (Pharmacien, Insecticide, Ba Lobiens). We shouldn't treat it as QL's weakest album, but rather as the final page of one of the greatest chapters of Congolese music. Listen to Moundongou and tell me you don't think it sounds like the end of an era.
Agree to disagree, those songs you named are the only ones that stil play till this day. which means the album wasn't that great

Matebu #9 on: May 27, 2020, 19:48

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6136
  • Karma: +31/-7
    • View Profile
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol

Nah, my bro @ Manzambi is talking in general not meant for you to take it personal. There’s been a high volume of negative Koffi threads lately. I myself am guilty.

Other members have brought of the same subject of a Danger de Mort being a flop and we already gave detailed input. We don’t want to repeat ourselves Seems to be the sentiment

J Silu #10 on: May 27, 2020, 19:48

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 139
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Danger de mort is a good album. All of their albums were good.

Albums I don't enjoy as much are magie and droit de veto, those 2 albums are yaya na leki for me. Part 1 and part 2.

But they're all good albums. Some albums may take time to grow on you.

Danger de mort came out after the release droit chemin. Like 4 months later. Something like that and you know already droit chemin was a huge success. By the time danger de mort is out, it's overlooked. You had the issues of Fally leaving, ferre leaving, just gossips taking over music.

If danger de mort came out before droit chemin,  it would be a success and appreciated rightfully.

Tata Nkiadi #11 on: May 27, 2020, 21:40

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 369
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
What really constitutes as a flop? Album sales? Koffi couldn’t even promote the album properly and piracy was at an all time high. But this is funny to me, in the midst of 2006, we were talking about how solid the album was despite the so called Ferre-Fally rivalry at the time which was even more dumb because they had already left QL and Koffi was still being dragged into it then came the lawsuit. That rivalry over shadowed the REALLY good compositions from guys like Shella Mputu, Binda Bass, Kamenga and Jipson. As a matter of fact, I didn’t skip any songs on the album and as a matter of fact Pharmacien was still playing in the clubs in Kinshasa when I went in late 2010 even though Nyokalesse was burning hot at the time. DDM is an underrated album that doesn’t get the respect it deserves and his best since in the past 15 years in my opinion.

congo-243 #12 on: May 27, 2020, 21:50

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
  • Karma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
What really constitutes as a flop? Album sales? Koffi couldn’t even promote the album properly and piracy was at an all time high. But this is funny to me, in the midst of 2006, we were talking about how solid the album was despite the so called Ferre-Fally rivalry at the time which was even more dumb because they had already left QL and Koffi was still being dragged into it then came the lawsuit. That rivalry over shadowed the REALLY good compositions from guys like Shella Mputu, Binda Bass, Kamenga and Jipson. As a matter of fact, I didn’t skip any songs on the album and as a matter of fact Pharmacien was still playing in the clubs in Kinshasa when I went in late 2010 even though Nyokalesse was burning hot at the time. DDM is an underrated album that doesn’t get the respect it deserves and his best since in the past 15 years in my opinion.
Flop in terms of the quality I don't care about sales. I expected at least to be on a higher level like Force De Frappe, Afairre d'état

Manzambi94 #13 on: May 27, 2020, 23:00

  • Guest
I think we really need to stop on Koffi hate in this forum, Danger De Mort was a solid album I don't know how all of a sudden album Post Loi or Post V12 or post Effrakata became suddently flops or trash and only because Cindy sings QL sucks
How is hate? When it's my 1st time talking about it, stop putting words in my mouth like a woman. To show you're wrong I like Bord Ezanga Kombo. Just because I say the album wasn't all that means hate now? Lol

Eh leki I came into this forum when you was a little kid put some respek on my name, you are the emotional one

Congolitude #14 on: May 27, 2020, 23:02

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1145
  • Karma: +4/-2
    • View Profile
What really constitutes as a flop? Album sales? Koffi couldn’t even promote the album properly and piracy was at an all time high. But this is funny to me, in the midst of 2006, we were talking about how solid the album was despite the so called Ferre-Fally rivalry at the time which was even more dumb because they had already left QL and Koffi was still being dragged into it then came the lawsuit. That rivalry over shadowed the REALLY good compositions from guys like Shella Mputu, Binda Bass, Kamenga and Jipson. As a matter of fact, I didn’t skip any songs on the album and as a matter of fact Pharmacien was still playing in the clubs in Kinshasa when I went in late 2010 even though Nyokalesse was burning hot at the time. DDM is an underrated album that doesn’t get the respect it deserves and his best since in the past 15 years in my opinion.
Flop in terms of the quality I don't care about sales. I expected at least to be on a higher level like Force De Frappe, Afairre d'état

Back in the time Affaire d'état was ahead of its time